ever thought i should not have done that........

chrisebrooks06

• Members

Normally I do my research first.
Save and plan out exactly what i want.

But, not this baby.

pdr1129yr1.jpg
pdr1130ka0.jpg
pdr1132dq8.jpg

Total impulse buy.
Went bummimg around the music stores one day.
There she was.
Picked her up and putzed around on her a bit, and went "wow".
Very nice playing guitar.
Very comfy feel.
Went back the next day and bought her.
First Explorer style I ever owned.
No regrets!

• Members
Normally I do my research first.

Save and plan out exactly what i want.

But, not this baby.

pdr1129yr1.jpg
pdr1130ka0.jpg
pdr1132dq8.jpg

Total impulse buy.

Went bummimg around the music stores one day.

There she was.

Picked her up and putzed around on her a bit, and went "wow".

Very nice playing guitar.

Very comfy feel.

Went back the next day and bought her.

First Explorer style I ever owned.

No regrets!

but you know a guitar klike that is just a winner on first sight..what a guitar

• Members
How in the hell did you wait a day?
:freak:

Did not have the cash on hand.
Dipped into my funds for going into the recording studio.
Oh well, just mean't pushing the studio back a bit.

I was just glad to see it was still there the next day.

• Members

I regretted buying my Jay Turser Thinline once I got it,{censored}ty PUPs,:mad: {censored}ty pots,:mad: {censored}ty switch.:mad: but for $200 shipped I now have a new project that when Im done (if I ever get started:freak:) will be a BAD ASS AXE!:rawk:

• Members

I remember being very remorseful about NOT buying a Vox AC30TBX when Marshall was making them in the UK. I had the AC15 and loved it, but I missed out on the 30. They rarely come up for sale on ebay, and when they do the shipping is astronomical.

So I'm cruising the closeout/scratch 'n' dent bin on American Musical and I come across one that was obviously returned for $1500 and free shipping. It had a bad ECC83 tube but I fixed that in short order and have loved it ever since.

Do any of you ever get the feeling that you need to jump on something before it's gone forever?

• Members

95% of the time I research an item to death before buying it. Of that 5%, 45% of the stuff gets kept more than a month. If I see something at GC that I wasn't planning on, out comes the cell phone camera and then i research it at home. I am only 10 minutes from GC so it isn't a problem to do that. That has stopped me from making a mistake a few times.

• Members

Do any of you ever get the feeling that you need to jump on something before it's gone forever?

Yes!

I jumped on my Epiphone Plus Top Lp for $399

once I realized it was the same one being sold 5 miles down the road for $549

She was a winner from the moment I picked it up I was like 'Wow...they took care with this one' wasn't until 10 or so minutes after I left the store that I realized it was a plus top for $399...."HEY! That's the PLAINTOP price dumb-ass! Get Back There NOW!" I told myself as I tripped out.

She's mine.

• Members

I remember being very remorseful about NOT buying a Vox AC30TBX when Marshall was making them in the UK. I had the AC15 and loved it, but I missed out on the 30. They rarely come up for sale on ebay, and when they do the shipping is astronomical.

So I'm cruising the closeout/scratch 'n' dent bin on American Musical and I come across one that was obviously returned for $1500 and free shipping. It had a bad ECC83 tube but I fixed that in short order and have loved it ever since.

yeah sometimes, if its a unique item then yeah i would snap it up but only if i could afford it myself though i have a mate who has gone into debt to buy a guitar, i love my guitars but not enough to go in debt 4 one

• Members

yeah i remeber once i looked at a line 6 pod, and the guy asked what music i liked i said h metal so he brought over a ltd eclipse guitar, lol i bought the guitar instead of the pod, then i got home and thought oh dear, what are you doing, but i felt no guilt as i was in a {censored} job i hated and at least i had something to show for getting up early every morning lol, but thankfully im a little wiser these days and certainly in a better job lol

Archived