So Cali folks get in here!!

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

. fun.
:rawk::badump::snax::blah:

Try living in ND where you never get to meet anybody from the real world. My Canadian friends have threatened to annex ND into Manitoba. I suspect the rest of the US will not even notice.

Have fun way out west there y'all. :thu:

Hate to tell you guys but there's a 40% chance of rain on Saturday:

Weather.Com Weekend Forecast for Riverside

Is there a contingency plan just in case it rains?

Hope that fewer people decide to show up so that we can fit everyone in the house and in the studio? ;)

I'm sure some of that will happen, but too many people are coming in from out of town for me to change the date or anything like that, so either way, we're still on for Saturday, although we won't be able to do the outdoor jam if it is raining.

I'm watching the weather reports like a hawk. Last I saw, it's expected to rain tomorrow and early Saturday - I just hope it's done by noon or so...

The weather is one of those things I have not yet figured out how to change... any suggestions? ;)

• Members

I am an honorary Irishman, my first name being Ken. I don't know what I'm trying to say by this, but I thought I'd point it out in case it counts for something. :D

I'll be there, rain or shine. I guess we'll hang out in the studio? Go bowling? Play mud football in the rain and tear up the grass (I can't be alone in this, can I? We did this ALL THE TIME when we were kids!!).

I was gonna stop off on the way and pick up a bunch of beer because my week's seriously packed, and I won't be able to make anything or whatever.

• Members

Have fun tomorrow. I wish I could be there.

Phil, I sent you an e-mail a few hours ago after your last post.

Best,

Geoff

P.S. This was my first chance to post, as I've been locked out of my account for the last week after changing my e-mail address. Thanks, Dendy & Craig, for getting me back online. My soapbox account is also currently unaccessible, but I'm sure Dendy will help me get that one up and running too.

• Members

Dood, Phil...if you're going to make a public invitation that's cool, but that's {censored}ed up to say "except for those people banned from HC". That's not a public invitation, that's a Private Club.

What are you doing? Checking screen names at the door?:lol: Or you have a data-base of banned people you refer to? How would you know if someone who was banned from HC, just showed up at your house? You wouldn't.

Let me guess. I know nothing about you, but you're ex-military, probably kind of short, you miss the power you had over people during your time in The Service. You miss intimidating people. Hey

Guess what bro, this ain't The Army.

That's not cool to make a public invitation with exclusions. This website ain't your private party.

• Members

Let me guess. I know nothing about you

Zygoat, I agree -- you know nothing about Phil. I've gotten to know Phil over the last six years -- both online and off -- and he's one of the most kind and humble people I know. Your conclusions about him are completely based upon a misimpression; and I'm sure if you took the time to know him, that you'd agree with my assessment. As a matter of fact, it's pretty funny to me that you came to the conclusion you did, because that's so not Phil!

As for your opinion about not inviting banned people, well that's an opinion about Phil's actions; and an opinion about someone's actions can be valid without knowing anything about the person whose actions you agree or disagree with.

Even so, I know if it were my party, I'd want to have some say as to who I let into my home. Wouldn't you?

If Phil wants to draw the line at banned people, it's his right because it's his house. Personally, I think it's generous and trusting of him to invite any forum members who aren't banned. While it may seem "not cool" at first glance to not invite banned people, I'm sure you could imagine a circumstance or two under which it might be reckless -- and perhaps even dangerous -- to invite some of the people who have been banned from these forums.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Let me guess. I know nothing about you, but you're ex-military, probably kind of short, you miss the power you had over people during your time in The Service. You miss intimidating people. Hey

Guess what bro, this ain't The Army.

That's not cool to make a public invitation with exclusions. This website ain't your private party.

I've never met him in person, but I've talked to and read posts from Phil since I first started at MusicPlayer 6 years ago. Trust me, you have no idea what you are talking about. Phil's one of the sweetest guys I've met online.

It's Phil's party, at Phil's house. He can invite or exclude anyone he wants. If you want to have a party at your house and invite only banned HC forumites, that's your prerogative.

And Phil,

I'd love to attend, but I'm having lunch tomorrow with the Pope, and his holiness gets pissed when I don't show up....also it's schnapps night at the Friars club.

Have fun.

Post Pics.

Archived