ALRIGHT! the 21 st century guitar has arrived!

Bruce Bennett

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Bruce Bennett

got the Inlays I wanted to use cut today.

Hey, that's kind of like what I had mentioned for inlays except they're wedges instead of straight :cool:

Me likey :)

On the finish, have you considered doing the raised portion where the metal is in one color with the recessed portion in another? Might make for an interesting look because the raised potrion would provide an outline of the metalwork and show though the vents etc. while the majority of the rest of it was another color.

Just a thought.

• Members
Originally posted by Kace

Hey, that's kind of like what I had mentioned for inlays except they're wedges instead of straight
:cool:

Me likey
:)

On the finish, have you considered doing the raised portion where the metal is in one color with the recessed portion in another? Might make for an interesting look because the raised potrion would provide an outline of the metalwork and show though the vents etc. while the majority of the rest of it was another color.

Just a thought.

yes. I will be doing a two tone paint scheme.
the first one will be Red Metallic and Pearl White on the raised portion.

• Members
Originally posted by Bruce Bennett

yes. I will be doing a two tone paint scheme.

the first one will be Red Metallic and Pearl White on the raised portion.

Weird . . . I went off to do this . . .
astrocastersatge1kacified.jpg
. . . and came back to your reply :eek:

No metallic or pearl, but still . . .:cool:

EDIT: sheeeeet! I forgot Mazi had already done something like this in here :o No toe-stepping meant. His is cleaner anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by DanielGassie

The BEST thread I've ever seen on HC. Hands down.

You're actually watching the 'creative process' as it progresses from an original thought/design put on a piece of paper, inspiring a forward-thinking luthier/craftsman to take it up and make it 'real'. Observing something go from thin air, to paper, to wood and metal, and best of all, in the end the ultimate result will be something beautiful-looking making beautiful music.

It's all happening right here on HC, in front of everybody, from start to finish. Quite a cool deal.

• Members

Originally posted by John Backlund

You're actually watching the 'creative process' as it progresses from an original thought/design put on a piece of paper, inspiring a forward-thinking luthier/craftsman to take it up and make it 'real'. Observing something go from thin air, to paper, to wood and metal, and best of all, in the end the ultimate result will be something beautiful-looking making beautiful music.

It's all happening right here on HC, in front of everybody, from start to finish. Quite a cool deal.

Ya know, I was just looking at the original drawing and the photoshoped pic that Kace did.

( nice work Kace, and if you feel like it. The deep bevels on top and bottom should be either white or black, I would really like to see how that looks before I commit to a color.)

aside from the obvious stainless steel mods that were required for some erogonomic and mechanical reasons,

I believe I stayed fairly true to the original design.

So far, I'm pretty happy with it.

whats your thoughts John? anyone else?

also.

you may notice, I have not made a decision on the pickup selector..

I could use a standard 3 way switch or a blend pot.

any thoughts on either of those ideas.

I'm also working on a package with an acoustic bridge transducer as an option.

• Members

That's tough...what about silver bevels? IMO the bevel colors should match one of the other three used already. Thinkin' out loud here, but from a feasibility standpoint aren't the notches gonna be a headache to do for the painter what with the masking and all...or were you thinking of brushing those on at the end?

Archived