Just picked up a '64-'65 SG Junior: I love Hollywood!

AzunigaToo

• Members

Nah, just an old black serial number on the back of the head stock.

Whats that mean? Did they all have "Made in USA"

BTW, I finally got home from work and plugged her in to my BF Princeton and BF DR, Ah Man, that's why these older guys are so sought after (If it is really old).

It feels light and thin, almost too light but the P90 roars and the light body jangles through my '69 Silverface Twin!

At this point, if it were really a collectable it would only be icing on top because I am digging the old (friggn' old) neck, super low action all the way down. It could use some new strings. I'll take it to Thoams at Candelas to see what is up with this guitar

Too Good!, Good job me~

No.. That means that its a '64 (most probably) :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Nice!

Price?

HNGD!:wave:

Well, I responded to a cragslist ad for an Orange AD30R 2x12 combo, $700 bucks, soo I pulled the trigger....(but before I drive over)..

...I ask this guy if he happens to have any P90 guitars and he pulls this out...I ask how much he said...oh...I don't know....6 or 7.. (i'm thinking thou) and he says Hundred...

...so I say...I'll do that....

I forked over $1300 and end up with a new 2x12 Orange Combo that should really sound good plus this Original 1964 SG Junior....with a ripping P90 pickup.

Again, I love Good Guitar Karma ===>>. GGK

I probably need to sell some things to make up some of the cash

Anyone want to buy a great sounding '73 Twin

• Members

It's good that it still has the original wrapover bridge on it. A lot of them were retro fitted with the dreaded Leo Quaan Badass tone sucker.

Guilty as charged ...

Though the pic below was taken in 1975, almost two years before the foul deed was done.

Wish I still had that guitar ... the first quality electric I ever had (because the '66 Mustang didn't count.)

• Members
WOW

Twice that woulda been a great deal.

MEGA SCORE!
:wave::thu:

Ya, Thanks, I think the guys was one of those Guitar Angels you hear about...

...I don't think he was real...I I woke up this morning and checked..

...I really do still have this axe. Wow...

You guys are right,,, score!!!!!:facepalm:

• Members

Congrats on that deal!

I had a 62' LP Junior back in the day with a P-90, what a screamer that was through a Marshall half-stack!

I went on to need a bass, so I wound up trading a guy for a Fender Jazz.....end of story, been kickin' myself for 25 years!

Archived