Leopardstar update & A RAFFLE

alley trash

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also, as has been said, I dont want to open up the Balance posting upon request everytime someone asks for the already stated reasons, but I will let you know ,BHH, and everyone else, that we are doing VERY well with this so far, even after little more than one day!!!

• Members

Like I said, my first thought was leave it the way it is. I definately will not take something someone wanted to donate as a raffle prize & just sell it. That wouldn't be right, as they donated it under the impression that it was going to be used as stated in the first post.

Now, it's up to Dave & other members from here... but if Dave agrees to the additional book keeping for sellable items, and people want to contact him and/or post something for sale w/ the proceeds going as a donation. I guess that is fine.

I like the raffle the way it is going & personally don't want to change the rules.
But I would not stand in the way of someone who wanted to sell something & donate the proceeds either. :thu:

• Members

Selling stuff would probably slow down the process - thought it should be fast?
:)

Agreed. Like I said, I don't want to (and will not) change the original rules & guidelines we have it set up to run by. It will move pretty quickly as we have it outlined & I think no matter how much comes in compared to the # of prizes, it is still worthwhile AND fun the way it is going now. So, no... we aren't going to change what we are doing, or any of the raffle rules as they have been outlined in the 1st post. It took us a couple days to really get it all figured out & running smooth (smoother) the way it is. But, I am also not going to tell someone they can't sell something for him either. If that's what they would rather do, it's not my place to tell them they can't.

Personally, I have a couple more things that I'll also be adding to the prize list next week. I don't care if the list of prizes ends up being just as long as the list of entries! And I am totally psyched to watch frets do the drawings. Hopefully, the whole thing will go over well & people will feel good about how it went & how we handled it. The whole idea is to help out the LS family when they need it most AND make sure everyone feels good about how it happens.

• Members

As far as people wanting to sell things here, for the sake of donating the procedes, I dont see any problem with that. Anything generated for this cause can only be a good thing right?

I would only add that shipping the sold piece of equipment to the buyer would be the full responsibility of the seller, and want to make SURE, BOTH buyer and seller are aware of this.

Once I have confirmed the funds for the gear are in, I'll alert the seller to ship it out.

Also, this will be the ONLY type of selling taking place here. We cant let this turn into some kind of spam thread. I am sure it wont though.

Once again, the selling of any gear in this thread will only be for the purpose of donating the proceeds to The balance that we will be sending Johnny.

ANY BUYERS PARTICIPATING IN THIS, make SURE you send a message WITH YOUR FORUM NAME along with your pay pal account saying the money sent is for X piece of gear. Otherwise, I am going to assume the payment is simply for entry into the raffle.

• Members

Oh lord, late again.

Had I not been so selfish in staying away until I had something good to tell, I would have jumped on this at the beginning.

I sent a PM to Mrs LS a few days ago, but haven't been back here since.

Johnny helped me, greatly in counselling me.

I can afford to help out, now. Things aren't smooth by any means, but

so much better than a few weeks ago.

Sending PP.

• Members
Oh lord, late again.

Had I not been so selfish in staying away until I had something good to tell, I would have jumped on this at the beginning.

I sent a PM to Mrs LS a few days ago, but haven't been back here since.

Johnny helped me, greatly in counselling me.

I can afford to help out, now. Things aren't smooth by any means, but

so much better than a few weeks ago.

Sending PP.

Really cool of you - of all people - to throw down for this :thu:

• Members

balthazar:

No better comment than you being here to help another.

Golden rule, karma, whatever you call it, that's how it's done!

:wave:

Yup, congrats bro!!!

Hey, dont put yourself out too early yet.

You are trying to stabalize right now.

If you do have a descent piece of gear laying around that you are not using, and it absolutely in no way will hurt you, feel free to donate it to the cause. ( Descent, meaning in good working condition, not talking about any particular monitary value)

Glad you are back.:thu:

• Members

So sorry I have not been on this sooner! I got married last Saturday so I have not been around much, also very hard for me to play guitar right now due to the ulnar nerve damage problems Im still having :(
Anyway I have just sent $20 and I have paid the fees myself so you get all of the money, Johnny is a great guy we have talked in PM a lot before, if anyone deserves our help its now. I will have to post it from the UK but I would also like to dontate a Boss CH-1 Super Chorus pedal for a prize also. Dave I will pm you my email address so that you can email me the person who wins that pedals address etc as I find it hard to be here lots right now while Im finding it so hard to play the guitar.
I'm just sorry I can not afford to give more to this right now.

• Members

So sorry I have not bene on this sooner! I got married last Saturday so I have not been around much, also very hard for me to play guitar right now due to the ulnar nerve damage problems Im still having
:(
Anyway I have just sent $20 Johnny is a great guy we have talked in PM a lot before, if anyone deserves our help its now. I will have to post it from the UK but I would also like to dontate a Boss CH-1 Super Chorus pedal for a prize also. Dave I will pm you my email address so that you can email me the person who wins that pedals address etc as I find it hard to be here lots right now while Im finding it so hard to play the guitar.

Speedy recovery, mate.:thu:

• Members

Hey guys,

This is great.

New member here, and also brand new to Southern-Cal. This type of thing is great and what makes alot of these virtual friendships alot more meaningful.

Like I said, I know I am brand new, but LeopardStar actually is a local Cat for me, so in some ways it feels like helping out a neighbor. Hopefully I'll get a shot to shake his hand and learn a thing or two.

Paypal sent.

Good luck !

BD

• Members

Anyway I have just sent $20 and I have paid the fees myself so you get all of the money

PayPal is charging fees for this, even though it's a charitable raffle? Someone please say it isn't because that would really suck, and if there is time, I can zip off a monkey order to someone instead. My monthly cheque just went through a few hours ago, so I have funds in the bank to send a donation. I just hate the thought of PayPal profiting from this.

It's almost 6am and my bedtime, so I'll log on and check this thread when I get up again and see if anyone has The Official Word on the PayPal fees thing. If they do charge fees, someone please let me know what they are so that I may include extra to cover those.

Alley and Dave, thank you guys SO much for doing this. I know how busy you two have been lately with these sort of things. If I ever meet either one of you, be prepared for a huge hug!

• Members

This is really great. Johnny is a friend of mine and I feel like such a heel for not calling him as soon as I missed his posts here, especially the NGD posts.

I just want to say a few words about Johnny for those of you who don't know him. For starters...that guy can play some guitar. I have jammed with him a couple of times this year and once last fall. It's like, Johnny, do you know any Skinnard or Eagles or whatever and he starts playing something.

If you get a chance to link to some of his music you ought to. It's not the ususal stuff coming from a 50+ guy. It's new and fresh. I think you will enjoy it.

Like I said we have gotten together several times and we keep in touch thru the PM's on this forum. My wife was going thru some breast cancer issues earlier this year so we hadn't talked in a while and out of the blue, he calls me at work to see how she and I were doing and to see if we needed anything.

I gotta tell you, it brought tears to my eyes because I was feeling very down that day as things were piling up and even though he is just one of my casual friends...he was the only friend that ever bothered to pick up the phone and call. It meant a lot to me.

That's the kind of guy he is.

Anyway, glad he is up and around and at home. Prayers if you got em. I know they would be appreciated.

Surfy

Archived