Leopardstar update & A RAFFLE

alley trash

• Members

I spent some time on the phone w/ Mrs. Leopardstar and during the conversation, she asked that I inform you guys of what was going on lately. She has a lot to deal with right now. But still wanted everyone to know why LS isn't around.

His recent stay in the hospital was because he had developed ENCEPHALITIS.

Long story short, this is basically an inflamation of the brain tissue due to viral infection.

It can start out as just feeling like exhaustion, but as time goes by the list of symptoms grows stronger, and can include:

* severe headache

* nausea and vomiting

* stiff neck

* confusion

* disorientation

* personality changes

* convulsions (seizures)

* problems with speech or hearing

* hallucinations

* memory loss

* drowsiness

* coma

Lucky for LS, the Mrs called 911 around the point of disorientation & forced him into the hospital.

The doctors attribute his condition to a matter of having too many "minor" health issues all at once & building up over time. This ultimately lead to exhaustion & then the more severe health issue that he is dealing w/ now. After a few days in the hospital to get him past the worst of it, he is now at home, under the care & close watch of the Mrs.

She was wonderful to speak w/ on the phone. Even under the circumstances she is currently faced with, she was genuinely concerned that his friends here knew what was happening & wouldn't hold it against him that he & Aslan were missing NGDs!

My thoughts... It is definately time for a LEOPARDSTAR RAFFLE!

They are facing multiple "trips down the hill" (as she refers to going into town to see the doctors) & gas is at $5/ gallon there. On top of all that, I know from speaking w/ LS in the past, that his wife has her own health issues to deal with. Before this happened, he was constantly taking her to her own medical appointments. She did NOT ask for anything on the phone from us at all. In fact, she just wanted to know that we were not worried about where he was! But through bits & pieces of the conversation, I came to realize that she is forsaking her own medical needs while it seems to her that his are more important.

Nobody should be in that type of situation. And on top of that, leopardstar is THE BIGGEST champion/cheerleader, everytime someone else on here needs any type of help.

The plan:

I know he wouldn't accept charity if he was around. But... he is not around right now.

So we are going to run a raffle real fast. The idea is to get the money together before he can get on here & say no. This will also allow us to get the money to them while it surely matters the most.

DaveAronow has agreed to handle the payments coming in & forward it all to LS when it's over. Frets99 has agreed to be the guy to draw the winning names from the hat. Now all you need to do is enter!

RAFFLE RULES:

ENTRY FEE:

The raffle is only $5 per entry. This means that your name gets put in the hat one time, for every $5 you send. If you send $10, your name goes in the hat twice. If you send $20 your name goes in 4 times, etc. etc. You can send in as much as you want, as often as you want, but the entries into the hat are $5 each.

(again, $5=1 entry, $10=2 entries... $25=5 entries, etc etc)

All paypal payments go to: leopardstar_raffle@yahoo.com

that's: leopardstar(underscore)raffle at yahoodotcom

If you don't have paypal & need to send your entry by mail, please PM DaveAronow for the info on how to do it.

Make sure to include your HC name when sending a payment.

That is what frets will be pulling from the hat.

DEADLINE & DRAWING:

The deadline for entries is Monday, August 11th.

(has been extended to Wed 8-13 / see post #381 for details)

There will be a list of ALL members names & their number of entries posted, AFTER the final counts have been made.

The list will be posted in plenty of time for everyone to view it & make contact about any discrepancies, before it goes to frets for the drawing.

Dave will send all the names (in multiples for multiple entries) on a sheet to frets. Frets will cut up the list & put all the names into a hat (or what ever he decides to use) and draw the winners of each prize. Frets will post a youtube clip of the drawing to announce the winners.

Frets word is final! He is the one handling the actual "pulling of the names" and his word is final on all winners! Once the winners of each prize are posted, we will make contact via PMs & get the prizes to everyone whose names were drawn.

THE PRIZES:

$100 guitar fetish gift certificate

$50 guitar fetish gift certificate

$25 guitar fetish gift certificate (courtesy of SnoMan97)

(1) Snarling Dogs Whine-o-Wah pedal (courtesy of MMKCO)

10 Packs of strings (your choice of 9's, 10's or acoustic) (courtesy of alley trash)

(1) Modded effects pedal (courtesy of Gilgators)

(1) White SJM Guitar (courtesy of jjpistols)

(1) Complete Setup of Guitar or Bass including:

fret level & shipping both ways. (cont.US only) (courtesy of Atrox)

$50 guitar fetish gift certificate (courtesy of Jay/Guitarfetish)

(1) BG Pups Pure90 Pickup (courtesy of Norcal_GIT_r)

(1) Bad Monkey Overdrive pedal (courtesy of Gilgators)

(1) Arion Stereo Phaser pedal (courtesy of Minitruth)

(1) Fully Loaded MIM Strat pickguard (courtesy of BlackHatHunter)

(1) copy of "The X tapes 1976-81" split colour 12" vinyl.

one of 500 pressed & 17 left. (courtesy of metalheadUK)

(1) Proco Turbo Rat (courtesy of moctzal)

(1) set of 3 American Strat pickups (courtesy of The Bear)

(1) Morley PWO Wah pedal (the old chrome version) (courtesy of TeamoDave)

(1) Electro Harmonix LPB-1 Boost Pedal (courtesy of Vinhoff)

(1) Korg ToneWorks AX5G multieffects (courtesy of drawdeep)

(1) LWB Boost pedal (courtesy of NOS68)

(1) Boss CH-1 Super Chorus (courtesy of Mrrikki)

(1) Fender Mini Tone Master amp (courtesy of GASSER)

(1) Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive pedal (courtesy of GASSER)

(1) Danelectro Fab Tone distortion pedal (courtesy of GASSER)

(1) Dimarzio D Activator Humbucker (courtesy of sleepeatplay)

(1) Modded Douglas Tele Deluxe (courtesy of Kevman/Dustball)

1 year subscript to Vintage Guitar Magazine (USA only) (courtesy of wedgehed II)

(1) GFS Bigmouth Humbucker (courtesy of StompBoxLover)

(1) MIJ Tronix Flanger (courtesy of GibsonQC)

(1) Arion Stereo Flanger (courtesy of Loxley)

1 Set of GFS Strat Tuners (courtesy of Minitruth)

(1) Berhinger EQ700 (courtesy of twisty571)

(1) Stevens Steel Slide (courtesy of ajympt)

(1) Elderly Stainless Slide (courtesy of ajympt)

(1) Korg GA-30 Guitar Tuner (courtesy of mymindsok)

(1) *HAND BUILT* 17 watt tube amp (courtesy of Dan Hall)

(please see post #264 for better description of amp)

(1) Modders Goody Box (courtesy of IBDBB & alley trash)

(see post #274 for description of Goody Box)

(1) Dano French Fries Pedal (courtesy of DRPool)

(1) Marshall Guvnor II (courtesy of DRPool)

(1) Dime Crybaby from Hell wah pedal (courtesy of Axeslinger)

(1) limited edition Plague T-shirt (courtesy of metalheadUK)

(1) "CLAPTON" Clapton Autobiography (courtesy of Eminence_Front)

(1) Vintage Nitro Tinting Service on any neck (courtesy of alley trash)

(1) New Hardbound Edition of the Clapton Biography (courtesy of mymindsok)

(1) Tascam GT1 MKII CD Guitar Trainer (courtesy of sixtydriver)

If you would like to post an item for sale in this thread, with the payment going into the Leopardstar fund, please use this link & review the guidelines for doing so.

Rules for Donating a Sale

The list of Raffle entries is on post #541

Please use this link to review the list & PM Dave if you feel there has been a mistake.

Final List of Raffle Entries

The official Frets results are in!

OFFICIAL RAFFLE RESULTS!

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hi guys. YET ONE MORE really cool thing that Alley Trash has come up with for one of our own friends in need.

I am happy to help in any way I can, so like Alley said, I will be helping with the posting of pics of the prizes and keeping a running tally of the totals, who bought how many entries, etc, so Fretts can make the appropriate number of entries per person, etc, and I will be handling the moolah and making sure it gets to the proper place. Sorry, no beer and hookers this time. I am putting my foot down.:lol:

Leopardstar, we are doing this NOW because you would say NO, if you knew about it, but hopefully by the time you see this it will be too late and you will have received the good will of your pals here whether you like it or not. We love you man, we want you to get well so you can get back here and bring back your bad self and that superstar kitty cat of yours too.

So, everyone, there is some great stuff being offered here and it is for an excellent cause so lets get it rolling.

I will help Alley keep things updated as much as I can. Will be around for a few minutes tonight but will continue editing this post as things change and evolve tommorow and the days to come.

Thanks in advance to Alley Trash, and everyone that drops by to purchase a ticket, or multiple tickets, or even just to offer well wishes.

Leopardstar has been consistently one of the great people here and it is my honor to help show him some appreciation for it.

So here we go.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include your forum name with your payment so we can keep track of who bought how many entries, etc.

Here is a partial picture list of some of the prizes. Dont Forget, there are MANY more prizes offered that we dont have pics of ,such as gift certificates and such.

And, NO, J.J. Pistols is not being offered as a prize.

It is the guitar in the pic.

Although, if you want to try to work something out with him privately, who are we to try to stop you?

1451425914_b9676979b2_o1.jpg

BadMonkey.jpg

238967.jpg

wah1.jpg

pwo3.JPG

: TARGET='_blank'>239425.jpg

• Members

By the way, I dont know if Alley made this clear enough, but Leopardstar is going to get better. We dont want to burden anyone with undue worry about him, and although he has had it pretty rough for the past while, Alley has informed us that Leopardstar's wife says he will be back with us, happy and healthy very shortly. That is why we want to do this quickly, before he has a chance to say no.:lol:

Because we know he will try his hardest to refuse it.:lol:

But we are very sneeky.:thu:

• Members

cleared out the contents of my paypal account - whopping $3.81. not enough for a raffle ticket but i dont give a crap about winning anything. The amount of love shown on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for mr leopardstar! Mojo sent, my friend

• Members

I can't believe I didn't see the thread started by Leopardstar's wife! I had no idea. I definitely wish him a speedy recovery and I'm on my way to send a PayPal donation right now. This place isn't the same without Aslan's guitar ratings. :cry:

• Members

cleared out the contents of my paypal account - whopping $3.81. not enough for a raffle ticket but i dont give a crap about winning anything. The amount of love shown on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for mr leopardstar! Mojo sent, my friend

Every tiny bit matters. Thanks bro.:thu:

• Members

Update: Alot of the questions you guys have will be answered in Alley's first post (post #1) and or, my first post(post#5). As these questions come in, we will keep editing these two posts to keep things on track so you dont have to search all over the thread for answers to your questions. So in the event you ask a question and dont see an answer in a following post, check back with either post #1 or post #5 and more than likely your question will have been addressed.

• Members

WOW!!!

HOLY MOLY!!!

Guys, I have a little problem.

Some people are actually sending in ALOT of money!!!

There is NO problem with this AT ALL, but I am wondering if some of you would rather have the amounts kept quiet. This, I will be happy to do, and in fact, I will start doing it. If you prefer that your personal total amount be posted, let me know and I will do so, but The actual thread will reflect the sum total of entries paid for.

• Members

paypal plus PM sent Dave! Alley you are amazing, I'm looking forward to our next chat. Johnny is a great guy, glad to help and our thoughts are with him.

Johnny is great & it's nice to see so many people in already.

Dave is the amazing one, he is doing all the work! I just ran the idea past him, but have so much going on myself was very (VERY) glad he jumped in to handle payments & prize pics, or it would have been pretty difficult to pull off.

And a big thumbs up to frets for agreeing to do the name drawing. That is going to be one cool video!

& that's enough arse kissing for now,

back to our regular scheduled programming....

• Members

WOW!!!

HOLY MOLY!!!

Guys, I have a little problem.

Some people are actually sending in ALOT of money!!!

There is NO problem with this AT ALL, but I am wondering if some of you would rather have the amounts kept quiet. This, I will be happy to do, and in fact, I will start doing it. If you prefer that your personal total amount be posted, let me know and I will do so, but The actual thread will reflect the sum total of entries paid for.

As long as paypal doesn't suspect you of money laundering you should be fine :lol:

Total should be cool I guess, I trust you.

Archived