Leopardstar update & A RAFFLE

alley trash

• Members
By the way, I dont know if Alley made this clear enough, but Leopardstar is going to get better. We dont want to burden anyone with undue worry about him, and although he has had it pretty rough for the past while, Alley has informed us that Leopardstar's wife says he will be back with us, happy and healthy very shortly. That is why we want to do this quickly, before he has a chance to say no.
:lol:

Because we know he will try his hardest to refuse it.
:lol:

But we are very sneeky.
:thu:

Money PayPaled.
Also let me know if you guys want the 3 American Strat pickups for an added prize.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Money just went through the modem.

You guys are seriously squared away. Makes me all warm and fuzzy for chrissakes. I would like to donate an all expenses paid 12 month adventure to Afghanistan departing in December of this year. Three hots and a cot, guns and bullets provided as well. Tax free. All the winner has to do is be able to fit into my clothes. :thu:

Get well soon Leopardstar

• Members

{censored} sorry I haven't been in here much last couple weeks. Hope johnny has a speedy recovery! Alley called me today, and filled me in on this. There's a
stereo phaser pedal here and I'm looking for anything else I can put up.

Just busy lately and I'm meeting up with someone for a possible acoustic
duo tomorrow. I'm practicing like mad, don't want to be embarrassed.
Here's how scatterbrained I am lately. I forgot to mail Vexed $10 'cause
we left for our camp on a whim. Came back, threw a tenner in an envelope,
put it in the mailbox. Go out for the mail later, mailman didn't take it. WTF?
I addressed it {censored}ing backwards! To myself.:facepalm: It would be funny
if it weren't so stupid. Anyway, fixed that. We don't have much, but I'll
do anything I can for leopardstar. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

• Members

REMINDER:

Alot of people are forgetting to include their forum name with their payment. This is going to cause alot of extra work sorting out who paid what. If this is you, dont worry, we will sort it out, but anyone getting ready to enter, or donate, PLEASE DONT FORGET to include your forum name with your entry.

• Members

Hey, missed this earlier somehow. I'm in of course, just got a few spare dollars the other day so it ain't much, but if enough people chip in it will hopefully convey how much we appreciate all of the stuff that he has done for others; even if he gets a little miffed about the charity feeling for some reason.

We may recycle the same damn arguments over and over again, but I think that the people like Alley Trash and DaveAronow and of course everyone who donated items really do represent what this place is all about.

And best wishes and a speedy and full recovery are wished. And if you get a little upset about all the hubbub, well tough {censored}. ;) You know damn well that if it was anyone else you would have been all over this thread yourself. Let someone else show some appreciation and just work on getting yourself better.

• Members

maybe you should start compiling the list you have, post it and let people start speaking out that aren't on the list...

Guitar noobie, Mike, and others.....

Here is what we are doing and why.

I am compiling the list of money sent and the people that sent it and this will be posted ONCE, near the end of this event.

We will be sure to leave PLENTY of time to sort out any discrepencies that might arise, and, infact, will not start the drawing until everything is perfectly in synch.

My initial intentions were to maintain a running total of the "pot" and build a list of people that have entered and how many times they have entered and to try to keep up with updating the list as often as possible.

This is simply not going to work for a whole host of reasons.

The biggest one is I instantly found out on the very first page how much time and work that was going to require and I started to get frustrated and worried over the time and effort involved. I don't mind either, but I simply am limited to how much time I can spend on that. There are SO many other things that MUST be maintained with this event such as checking all the email;s, pay pal entries, responding to P.M.s, doing detective work on the almost 50% of people that didnt include thier forum name with their entries, etc, etc. Not to mention other non forum commitments that I have going on at the same time.

Another scenario is that I cant be here 24/7 and would only be able to occasionally and randomly update the list and people that might have paid, could easily not find themselves on an updated list even as much as a day later.

This in turn, creates yet other problems. There will be sure to be a whole other category of posts and P.M.s I will need to constantly answer as to why someone paid, but hasnt been added to the list yet. I simply dont have the time or ability to babysit such a list. Dont get me wrong... I am NOT bitching about this, I am having a blast with this, and Alley is excited too, as are all the people in the whole forum. I dont want there to be any misunderstandings with that. I just want you and others to understand why the constantly updated list idea has been eliminated.

Some Other problems are that some people have donated and dont wish to be included in the drawings.

Other people have pledged money and it hasnt been received yet, while others are sending the money via snail mail and that cant be counted obviously until it physically gets in.

I am STILL, and wont be able to stop sorting all this out until the thing comes to an end.

Once again, there WILL be a final list of ALL entries along with a total amount of ALL money taken in and it will be posted in this thread with enough time before the drawing to have everything ironed out so ALL numbers line up perfectly. I will actually post a screenshot of the pay pal grids with the total and all the indidvidual entries, including the Total balance, and the paypal fees deducted, and I will also post physical pictures of all the checks collected, so anyone and EVERYONE can verify that their money has been collected and that their entries have been counted.

BIG EDIT: Just to be clear, there will be NO personal information posted on this thread by me or anyone else involved.

The paypal grid will be edited so that only the amounts people have paid, the total balance, minus fees, and peoples Harmony central screennames will be posted by their number of entries. NOT their real names. e-mail accounts or any other personal information. Also, the pictures of the checks posted will ONLY reflect the amount of the check. No, personal info, will be posted. NO routing numbers, account numbers, names, etc. It will be up to you to identify your own check from a picture of it based on the check type and the hand writing of the amount.

I also suggest putting a little something in the note field to help you identify your check.

Hope this clears thins up a little.

The checks will be sent to me so they can be counted, but they will be made out Directly to Johnny and his wife.

I am only going to count them and send them on their way.

P.M. me for Johnny's full name to make them out to. THIS is per his wife's permission.

I think She thinks we are just sending cards though.;)

The entry list will get sent to Frets, I am sure he will come up with something uniquely "Frets" for a video drawing, prizes will be awarded and sent out, the money will get sent To Leopardstar, and we will have an awesome mission accomplished!!!

Not everyone is going to see THIS post, post #88, the one I am typing in RIGHT NOW, so I am sure this question is going to come up again. Feel free to repeat this to anyone that asks if I ,or Alley is not around to explain it at that time.

Hope this makes sense and works for everyone, but it is what we have decided on and will remain the plan from here on out.

Alley, let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks for patience and understanding.

Now lets get this thing back to ROCKIN!!!:thu:

• Members

no problem Dave, just thought some layout on here might help identify the non-indentified....

i trust you to work it all out and thanks for doing this...

Thanks man. We will figure out the names quickly enough.

Posting a daily updated list would be fun, but it would never be completely accurate., until it gets the final sort out at the end, and it would be an overwhelming amount of work.

Thanks for understanding.

• Members

Alley, let me know if I missed anything.

R U friggin kiddin me? I couldn't have explained it any better (and mine would have been w/ a lot less words!) Why do you think I suckered you into handling that end of it? I have a hard enough time keeping up with the pledges & updating the prize list. If I had to do what you're doing, this thing would fall apart pretty quick!

I think as long as the final list is posted far enough ahead of it going to frets for the youtube drawing, everyone will have time to contact you if they feel they are listed for the wrong # of entries, or any other concerns. If I didn't trust your judgement, I wouldn't have asked you to do it. I know damn well I couldn't keep up with it & still have a life for the next 10 days!

Coffee & crispy creams are on the way Dave!

.... hey there's an idea..... this is rock & roll, maybe we can add a crispy cream gift certificate to the list?:eek:

• Members

I'll go back into the front page & try to explain it better w/ out making it too long.

& just so you guys understand, I have emptied my PM box 3 times in the past 24 hours (25 in & 25 out fills it) and I am only handling the prize pledges & some random questions. In fact, if the questions are about donations, I forward them to Dave! (he he he .... OH, I mean.... sorry dude!)

I think the way he's got it laid out makes sense and more importantly, it works for him & that's what matters. We need him in it until the end so there's not a big cluster f@#k of stuff to go through. I know I couldn't handle doing it all. You guys would be really (REALLY REALLY) pissed with the mess if I was the one running it all!

• Members

Fair enough. So we can do multiple entries? Sweet!

Absolutely.

Enter as many times as you like.

I assure you, EACH one of your entries will be counted.

There are some fantastic prizes and I think the the actual odds of winning something are going to be really good.

I am NOT willing to go out on a limb and give you odds though.:lol:

Anyway, good luck, have fun, and GO JOHNNY!!!!

• Members

R U friggin kiddin me? I couldn't have explained it any better (and mine would have been w/ a lot less words!) Why do you think I suckered you into handling that end of it? I have a hard enough time keeping up with the pledges & updating the prize list. If I had to do what you're doing, this thing would fall apart pretty quick!

I think as long as the final list is posted far enough ahead of it going to frets for the youtube drawing, everyone will have time to contact you if they feel they are listed for the wrong # of entries, or any other concerns. If I didn't trust your judgement, I wouldn't have asked you to do it. I know damn well I couldn't keep up with it & still have a life for the next 10 days!

Coffee & crispy creams are on the way Dave!

.... hey there's an idea..... this is rock & roll, maybe we can add a crispy cream gift certificate to the list?
:eek:

I'll take the Doughnuts, but If we are talking about rock, the list of acoutraments could get quite long and very interesting, so we should probably just stop it at doughnuts.:p

• Members

I'll take the Doughnuts, but If we are talking about rock, the list of acoutraments could get quite long and very interesting, so we should probably just stop it at doughnuts.
:p

.....or like a bowl of brown M&M's!!!!

Archived