Which look do you prefer?

GAS Man

• Members

This is important to us HCEG GAS'rs

So like when you're heading home, stirred with anticipation, and you see coming out of your neighbohood, the delivery truck -

Do you prefer the sight of the

UPS Truck

ups_truck.jpg

OR?

The FedEx Truck ??

FedEx-Truck.jpg

I think I'm a little partial to the "the brown" myself, even though the FedEx'ers run on Saturdays. The brown just seems a bit more reliable and therefore, it's like an old friend. :love:

• Members

FEDEX FTMFW
icon_weed.gif

I had one of those FedEX drivers (after delivering one of my ump-teenth guitars) tell me to let him know if I ever needed a roomate.

I guess he was thinking "I'd party with this dude!" :lol:

That was better than the other driver (female) who used to say to me "So how many does that make now?:poke: " And then she'd stand there actually thinking I'd give her an answer. :lol:

Yeah, like I need her going home and telling that story to her teenage kids. :eek:

• Members

The FedEx Truck ??

FedEx-Truck.jpg

I think I'm a little partial to the "the brown" myself, even though the FedEx'ers run on Saturdays. The brown just seems a bit more reliable and therefore, it's like an old friend.
:love:

Fedex is faster (via ground) and my stuff is always in great shape...

• Members

FedEx stuff is always delivered by 10am 'round my parts

UPS stuff is always delivered after 6pm.

Plus there's the cool subliminal arrow in the fexex logo.

+1,000

I guess I never noticed several of your points until you made them. Yes, FedEx usually makes early deliveries to the four different places I have things delivered in both northern and central Illinois. UPS usually only makes afternoon or evening deliveries.

I've never noticed that arrow in the FedEx name. :thu:

Brown reminds me of poop.

So much more studying to do tonight... :bor:

• Members

well, ups always leaves my stuff outside on my doorstep if i'm not home. and with a guitar shaped box containing a thousand dollar guitars and the words gibson on the outside it is cause for concern, anyone could just walk away with that {censored}.

Fedex wil atleast check if my front door is unlocked and just toss the box inside, or leave a note and come back later.

• Moderators

Even over here UPS uses those big unaerodymaic trucks, yet the guy who picks up from me on occasion can reverse it up my drive, whereas the Fedex guys definitely have trouble thinking and breathing so UPS for me, but of course neither can bring the same level of service as

04_27_21---Parcel-Force-Van_web.jpg

My local guy will open the garage and slip it in there or pop it in the woodshed and hunt around for summat to cover it

• Members

Neither. I hate buying guitars online. Especially since Wildwood is only about a 35 minute drive from Fort Collins.

Sometimes you don't have a choice though. I couldn't find a Brian May guitar anywhere and I learned to dread the UPS truck after going through three of them before I got a good one. At one point in the process, MF sent me a mini 3/4 sized Brian May guitar.

• Members

How about when you're home, and you see the truck pull up and stop across the street, and you're hoping and hoping it's for you, but the dude just stays in the truck forever doing his paperwork or whatever, and you're dancing around by the living room window like you have to go to the bathroom, and he's still in there doing God only knows what, but he's not in the front seat anymore, so you know he's getting one of the bigger boxes....

• Members

UPS for me. i hate that FEDEX doesn't deliver on Mondays, and the Saturday thing is useless for me because I'm always out and about on Saturdays. plus i've always had a problem with the FEDEX delivery guy not even ringing the doorbell; just places the ticket and takes off. I've even had to chase him down. my UPS guy always shows up at the same time and will leave my packages in a secure spot when I'm not home. no bull{censored} games with the ticket like with FEDEX.

Archived