one guitar you would never never part with?

chrisebrooks06

• Members

^^^

any pics i love that model

Not a great pic, but here it is. That's my EJ to the left, and on the right is a Fender Lite Ash Tele that I bought used at GC when I came across it - an amazing specimen! (I almost never buy at GC, but this guitar was too nice to pass up and they were practically giving it away). I had to wait almost two years for the Callaham, and I got lucky. Most Callaham owners I spoke with reported waiting more like three years. At about 22 mos. Bill contacted me to say my guitar was ready. Turned out he was relocating his shop, so he picked up the pace on the few guitars he had in process to avoid having to move them.

IMG_0853.jpg

• Members

I'd never part with my Les Paul. I've had it for two years, but I love it. It's took some knicks and dents in its time, but I've had many memorable moments with it. In the future I hope to stick some Bareknuckle VH2 Zebra's in it, replace the broken tone knob on, buy a new pickup selector switch (Not literally the electrical components for the switch, just the black part that you toggle).

• Members

I'm lucky - I have two I'll never part with.

First is my BTS (Beat to {censored}) '55 Les Paul JR that I bought 31 years ago in '77 for next to nothing. Yes it's a '55 Junior and not a Melody Maker even tho it's a DC. It's a part of me. It's the guitar that made me love fat necks and pure simplicity.

Second is what I call my nine. It's a 2007 Historic Reissue VOS 1959 Les Paul. I put this guitar up against 30 or so other high-end Les Pauls and nothing else came close tone-wise or weight wise - and no it's not chambered or weight relieved. I don't think I've ever played a guitar I like more. I've had it for a year now and it still thrills me every time I open the case.

I may have my wife bury me with it.

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_1308_1.jpg

• Members

My Classic Series '70s Strat. Ash body, Baseball bat neck, maple finger board, vintage style single coils. big ol' headstock, 3 bolt neck, vibe for days. This thing has amazing tone, great action, and a beter bridge than the originals. I have the trem blocked, wonderful sustain. This Strat has a really thick mid atack which I love.

gear022.jpg

gear021.jpg

gear003.jpg

• Members

My first good guitar will never leave my possession. My Dad put in extra hours of overtime once he realized I was passionate about playing. I didn't know what I bought at the time except that she fit my hands like a glove and sounded the best of all the guitars I tried. She is all American and hand made. She is a Carl Thompson guitar has the date 3/3/77. It's almost vintage now. For those of you who don't know Carl Thompson makes basses for Stanley Clarke and Les Claypool among others. I paid $350 for her back in 1981.

Carl_01.jpg

Carl_02.jpg

Check out that neck joint!

Carl_03.jpg

Archived