one guitar you would never never part with?

chrisebrooks06

• Members

I don't think I'll ever get rid of my 1972 Guild Bluesbird. I'm sure if I was in a horrible financial situation, or someone offered me a trade for another "vintage" guitar that I just couldn't possibly refuse, I would consider it. Otherwise, it's sticking with me. :D

bbird1.jpg

• Members

do you buy to keep or maybe you like emptying out your gear and changing it every once in a while?

Both. I'm always on the lookout for 'keeper' guitars and I'll go through a few to find one.

That said, here's my keeper, the G&L Legacy (on the right):

081017group_gls.jpg

I've got a couple fantastic Les Pauls but I'm not positive either is a 'keeper' yet, you know? I love them, but I'm not sure I connect with them like I do the Legacy. Time will tell.

• Members

Both. I'm always on the lookout for 'keeper' guitars and I'll go through a few to find one.

That said, here's my keeper, the G&L Legacy (on the right):

081017group_gls.jpg

I've got a couple fantastic Les Pauls but I'm not positive either is a 'keeper' yet, you know? I love them, but I'm not sure I connect with them like I do the Legacy. Time will tell.

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

lush

and what a nice collection to hit my 2000th post on

• Members

I'd never get rid of my Peavey Nitro I. Despite the fact the Kahler trem on it isn't really that great, it has a lot of sentimental value to me. I still remember the day my uncle and I were passing the guitar back and forth on the porch of the house a few months before he had died.

• Members

I shudder to think what kind of economic privation, accidental calamity or villainy victimhood it would take to part me from The Old Bastard, my black 1963 Strat (semi-visible top left of avatar pic).

*crosses fingers, looks frantically for crucifix even though Jewish*

• Members

I actually have 4 that will never leave me by choice... My 77 Tele, my frankenstrat (90's Plus neck w/ LSR nut, clapton boost, 07 daphne hwy body, gold lace sensors w/ coil tapped hot gold at the bridge, killswitch), my beat to hell 97 PRS custom 22, and my 07 LP classic antique.

• Members

my PRS hollowbody II- not only because it plays well but it has sentimental value- it was a gift from my parents (VERY generous b-day/christmas gift). Back when i first decided that i wanted to play guitar, i asked for one for christmas and they refused because they didn't think i would stick with it- but they told me if it wasn't just a passing trend with me and I actually got good at it, they would get me a good guit. Fastfoward 3 years later and my dad took me to the music store- he actually convinced me to buy the prs (it's not like I pointed to the most expensive guitar) because he liked it so much. I have cool parents :thu::thu::thu:

you can kind of see it in the middle of the gang here

gerg015.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

is there one main guitar you could never sell?

I haven't sold any of my guitars but I will definitely never sell this one (it's a picture from the Framus Vintage website and mine actually has a tremelo):

FV-5-129-HOLLYWOOD-SOLID_BODY-228_f.jpg

It's a 1961 Framus Hollywood that was a birthday present from my parents at around 1966. I also have an early '70s Framus pedal steel guitar that I played e.g. in the Grand Ole Opry and Wembley which has a great emotional value to me and another instrument that I will also never part with.

• Members

No pics, i'll post some when i get the camera working.

But i'd never part with my Highway one, its not really that good of a player but it has so much sentimental value to me.

I don't think i'll part with my antigua strat either. Its a wonderful player and i don't see them around very often so maybe in the future they'll gain some value :idk:

Archived