My name is Sean, and I am an alcoholic

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators

Some of you may have noticed a lack of my lacklustre input for a few weeks.

Well it's basically cause I regressed to a period of my life and started to drink Moscow and St. Petersburg dry, and in the process, although no violence was involved, I'm too much of a soft {censored}e for that, I put my family, that's wife, 7 year old boy, and 14 month old boy through a {censored}ing shredder.

Because I will have a little opportunity to make my shame known locally as it would drag the same family through the gutters, I felt a need to dump, and there's people here who reckon I'm OK.......welll there ya go, I have beeen a complete and utter {censored} to the people who need me most.

But being the selfish {censored} I am, I don't want to lose those kids and this family so I'm doing something about it, and something pretty drastic, so that I can at least allow my wife to start sleeping at night and stop worrying that when I drop my son to school I'm stone cold sober......btw, I always was

I'm not looking for attention here either, more to expose the fraud I probably am, but I'm hoping that I'll regain some respect as the months and years go on.

For those who don't know it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antabuse

The deal is I let my wife be my pharmacist everyday so that she KNOWS I can't drink.

Glad to be back, sorry it has to be this way

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uhm...Wow.

Must have taken alot to post this, and I can only imagine what you and your family are going through.

I sincerely wish you God speed in your recovery.

Anything we can do to help other than just being here when you need us, let us know.

God bless and mojo sent.

• Members

my old man is a raging alcoholic and i know first hand what its like to spend one's childhood in an alcoholic, abusive (verbally and physically) household. not fun. kudos to you for taking initiative in your life and being conscious enough to realize that your addiction is hurting your family. many people don't have that awareness and entire generations of their family members suffer.

It takes a man to admit his mistakes, especially in front of so many people. I wish you the best.

• Members

Seriously- I don't know you from Adam, but good luck man. It's gotta be hard to look at oneself and say enough already- I need to stop the bull{censored}. Just remember- your kids will carry this with them forever- so it isn't too late. Just keep them in mind through your daily decisions. Whatever harm you have done- it is not too late to undo. They will carry the good things and amends forever as well. Kids are very forgiving if you make good and stay a positive part of their lives.

Good luck.

Lou

• Members

Congratulations on taking that 1st step and putting those who depend on you ahead of yourself. It certainly won't be easy but I'm betting you're going to make it work.

Your wife and kids will think the world of you for having made this change in your life.

• Members

Sean, you have my respect for being able to realize a change needs to be made, for taking steps toward that change, and for accepting the responsibility and accountability that come with your actions. I wish you success in the coming months.

Prayers and mojo to you!

• Members

Sean,

Sorry to hear you're going through tough times.

Clearly, you realize what's at stake and what you have to do in order to turn it around.

That's a great start. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

There are people here who think you're far more than "okay". I'm one of them. Feel free to dump, anytime.

Prayers, mojo, and best wishes sent.

Archived