Live.com appreciation thread

FUBTAG

• Members

What's the over/under on how long Microsoft will continue running the live.com discount (I know the percentage varies and that the discount disappears for short periods)?

I haven't purchased any guitars using it but it sure came in handy for a Canon dSLR purchase.

I need it to continue running for a future guitar purchase - some time in 2009. Without the $200 max live.com discount, I may have a longer wait to bring the price into my reach.

• Members

got myself a breedlove stage D25/SR - 200 cashback, final price was 489... brand new, compare that to the current 1000 it retails for.

on the way is a brand new 08 amer. standard strat - 100 cashback, making final price w/ shipping only 595... so happy about this deal.

• Members

I just got a very slightly used Digitech GSP1101 processor for $245 after the Live.com 30% cashback. These units sell for $500 new and are worth it. The effects are just excellent. I'm selling my TC G-major for $250 so it should be a break even deal.

Anyone know how long it takes to get the cashback?

• Members

I got a Gibson Melody Maker 2-PUP for $293 shipped while it was at 30%. I also sold my Highway 1 Tri-Color to someone for his Kid's christmas present for $500 that he ended up paying $350 for through the 30% Live.com deal. Worked phenomenal for me as both a seller and a buyer. Everybody won with this deal.

Unrelated to guitfiddles, I just bought a jawbone II bluetooth headset at $47 net with the live.com at 15%. To me this is free money and I can afford to wait for it.

• Members

doesn't work for me
:(

It was working today (Saturday), but for just a few hours.

It seems that they really want the service to be something that is not taken for granted. They might be timing its availability to coordinate with times when eBay sales are normally sluggish.

• Members

To date I have bought:

EMG Lukather Set (for me) (30%)
New PC (for family) (30%)
New Monitor (for family) (30%)
3 Jaw Bones (for me and wife plus Xmas gift for mom in law) (30%)
Exercise Video (for wife) (25%)
Table Saw (for me) (25%)
HP Pocket Media Hard Drive (for family) (30%)
Maxon Chorus Pedal (for me) (30%)
Heroes Season 1 & 2 DVDs (for wife Xmas gift) (25%)

To date I have seen no money back. My first payback is due in a couple weeks. I have over $500 coming my way. If I get it, THAT will be when I truely appreciate the offer. :cop:

• Members
  • Members
I bought an Anderson Hollow T, a Bose Sounddock portable - got it for $249 instead of the $399 it goes for! - and an HP laptop. Great deals for sure. I have more deals I want to use it for, but the darn links don't seem to provide cash back opportunities right now.
:(

so... am i the only one who thought at first that he got the Anderson for $249? :lol: i need to spend more time reading posts. :facepalm:

Yeah, i {censored}ing LOVE live.com. they got me my new PRS SE Soapbar for $150 less than it costs (back when they were doing 30%). check this out for $350. never gotten more guitar for my money than this:

[YOUTUBE]oI4vN71Lzog[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Hey, this reminds me of something else, Mr. Lobster. Though your gig the other night was an ideal one, how many people were there? Thousands more people know you from your YouTube performances. Your world-wide reputation is intact and remains untarnished.

• Members
Hey, this reminds me of something else, Mr. Lobster. Though your gig the other night was an ideal one, how many people were there? Thousands more people know you from your YouTube performances. Your world-wide reputation is intact and remains untarnished.

thanks. i've gotten over the gig already. most people have let me know today that they thought it was really good today. i guess it just comes down to the fact that it's a lot easier to notice mistakes when you're the one making them ;)

Archived