NGD New Gretsch Day

Geeter

• Members

Gretsch G5120

I am not sure what they call this color.

After some haggling, $499 out the door at my local Guitar Center.

It is set up pretty nicely as it is, but I will get it done by a pro before long.

First impression is of real quality. The hardware is really solid feeling. The guitar is pretty light at 7.5 lbs. The pickups are a bit on the mild side so GFS will probably be hearing from me at some point.

Well here are my crappy pics.

front755.jpg

back758.jpg

frontheadstock757.jpg

backheadstock761.jpg

• Members

Geeter, do you have a Duo Jet?

I predict that you will, and very soon. Once you have a big Gretsch hollow body, you're hooked.

Don't have a Duo Jet. May be a while, just for budget reasons.

You are right about being hooked. This is a really nice guitar. I am really impressed with the quality of this import. The feel is outstanding.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

• Members
:love::love::love:

I think the colour's called walnut (at least that's what they call it on the 5122 double cutaway). But DAMN that's gorgeous. I played one of the 5122's just on Friday, and I am hooked - as soon as I can scrape up some cash, it'll be mine. Then the Jet... ;)

• Members

That's a great finish. Sweet price too.

HNGD

I just got a 1 inch Bigsby spring for mine to make the action more like the proline Gretsches that I've tried. I'm waiting for my next string change before I put it on.
I'm still using the stock "dumbucker" pickups though. I like the sound of them.

• Members

The Gretch Hollow Body 512X's and 612X's seem to be about The Consensus Harmony Central Favorite guitar.

I dont mean the most popular, but I mean it is a guitar that just about everyone seems to like, want, own, or just appreciates.

Not like Strats, Teles. Les Pauls, etc, where4 some like on e model and dont care for the others, but EVERYONE seems to like these more accross the board than just about any other electric guitar around here. At least it seems that way to me.

Archived