My nephews band just got signed to a label deal!

philbo

• Members

My brother's son just got some good news!

The band is called Luna Mortis.

He's got some real serious guitar chops - - not my type of music (a bit too amphetamine-laced for an old guy like me) - - but I really like hearing the bits of classical influence in this genre...

He's the blond guy in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix8YFftIycI

(the YouTube embedder didn't work)

• Members

Oooops...don't want to rain on your parade...but just have the band realize that being signed isn't the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's the band being put on notice that they need to start building a rainbow.
:)

...Another invaluable quotable!

...Great news and best of luck to them!

Just make sure he doesn't sign on the dotted line for that Lamborghini yet. :D

• Members

I agree with both your best wishes and the caveats. I hope they go far, and don't mis-step along the way. He's a smart guy... I hope smart enough to know when it's worthwhile to buy a lawyer for a few hours.

• Moderators

Parade rainer on-ers!!!

On a side note... my daughter's friend was over last night and she said, "We're staying at my grandma's now because we have Black Mold in our house." And I assumed they had a touring death metal band in the family that needed a place to stay as they were in town.

m/

!BLACK MOLD!

• Members

That's some pretty cool stuff, really wild. They'd probably fit nicely on a bill with Dragon Force. They aren't from Iowa are they?

Hope things go well for them.

They're based in Madison, but do regional tours all over the midwest.

Archived