Do you ever not know which guitar to play?

Mrrikki

• Members

I often can't choose which guitar i want to play! :idk:

I have done lot's of swapping and buying in 2008, now I know not all my guitars will be everyone's choice or liking, but dam I love them all. If I had to get rid of one I would struggle to pick one. I know thought if I had to have only one guitar it would be the Washburn for being so dam versatile but this is only just my favourite, all 3 Gibsons are very close behind.

They all sound great in their own way. They all feel great.

I often will plan to play for just 20 mins before doing something and waste an hour playing 3 guitars for 20 mins at a time each as I just can't work out which ones i want to play and when!

I think maybe I need to have just a few guitars but like I said I can't bring myself to get rid of any. I know some people will not get this but i hope some of you are the same!

I have no idea how you guys with huge amounts of guitars cope.

• Members

the way i see it ... my options in guitars are like having megan fox, adriana lima and scarlett johansson in a harem. sure, it's a difficult decision ... but can't really go wrong either way.

What a simple but excellent way of looking at it :thu:

• Members

the way i see it ... my options in guitars are like having megan fox, adriana lima and scarlett johansson in a harem. sure, it's a difficult decision ... but can't really go wrong either way.

Wait...those are MY three favorite hotties. Get outta my brain!

As to the question, yep. I have 3 stands, so I just kinda cycle constantly. Every now and then I'll get the itch to play one that's not out, so then it's a pain in the ass (espeically since I compulsively detune any guitar that goes into the closet).

• Members

I usually, almost always, play along with music. So it depends what type of music I'm listening to. I like to match the guitars with what the artist used.. Or close to it.

Like, I'm in a Hendrix type of mood - so I grab my Strat.

• Members

I'm busy, raising a toddler, attending grad school, motorcycling, fishing, writing, etc. With all my other responsibilities and hobbies, I pretty much grab the guitar is easiest to get to. I want to play guitar and make music, not test drive equipment. But I also don't bother to plug in a vast majority of the time, so pickup type, etc. usually mean squat to me. This also means I only keep so much equipment because I don't want to tie up space and $$$ in equipment that might sit aorund.

• Members

I have a 7 guitar stand, and a couple single guitar stands around the room. Unfortunately that leaves 9-10 guitars within reach of picking up and playing. How do I pick? Each one is different (even my strats) - pickups, neck feel, etc. Each has their strong points - so it depends on what mood I'm in.

I also have a bunch of cars parked in the driveway. Which one do I drive today? Depends on the mood/need.

• Members

I'm up to 15 guitars now and probably 14 of them are great players, so yeah, it does make me think about which one to play, In the end, it all comes down to the tone that sounds best with the music that my band is playing now, which is mostly blues, with some classic rock tunes thrown in. I always end up back to my Elitist LP or my '72 Tele Deluxe though... I know these wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but they are the best playing and best sounding guitars I've played.

Archived