Best options in a low to mid end V ?

Woody_in_MN

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gibson Faded Flying V. There is someone selling one in the For Sale forum for $450 shipped. That's quite a steal and will blow away anything listed above. I'd snap that up if I liked V guitars.

I like mine a lot. I don't know how it compares to the other V's listed here, but I do know that I am very happy with mine.

flyingv37.jpg

• Members

If you like your V's all Floyd-ified, then you can't go wrong with a Floyd DSOT-V. That's Discovery Series, Original Trem V. Comes with a genuine original Floyd, not anything licensed. Nice.

Just bought one for a friend, and it's damn damn nice. Hard to find, which of course means you'd probably be the only one you know who has one.

3621-1-xl.jpg

3621-2-xl.jpg

FloydRoseDSOTV.jpg

I got one in red, but I haven't found another one out there for sale anywhere...

• Members

See sig...:wave:

I really like the Faded V's. In my experience they are much better than the Faded SG's I've come across. The only reason I'm getting rid of mine is because I've got GAS for other things and this one just doesn't get played as much as it deserves. For the prices they can be found for (not just mine), they are a great, solid buy.

• Members
Not necessarily, but the Gibson will have higher quality pups, electronics and hardware.

This is the correct answer. It's sooo cool to hate on gibson, but if you have half a brain and keep your eye out, they can be had for cheap and don't NEED modding.

• Members

This is the correct answer. It's sooo cool to hate on gibson, but if you have half a brain and keep your eye out, they can be had for cheap and don't NEED modding.

keeping your eye out is for shoppers - I'm a player

I can play my guitar while you DFW bitches go shopping with your half a brains

:idea:

Gibson hater? whatever, you just need to admit to yourself that the Dean White Gold pretty much tells everyone else the way it should be - that's class for your sorry ass, even for the {censored}er from Kalamazoo - they moved 30 years ago, let it go, son, let it go

damn look at all the 68s round here! :eek:

• Members

DSC01909.jpg

I really (really) like my Epi V. The aspects of the Epi's pickups which are often negatively critiqued on a Les Paul, are a great compliment on the gutted body style of a V. I wanted a phat bluesy style V, and this one delivers. If you want something more focused and crunch, swap out for some crunchy p'ups and you'll still be ahead of the game.

I did see a new one in a GC one day where the gold plating was already suffering, so I imagine I have that heartbreak ahead, but I've steeled myself for that prospect so I'm certain I'll be able to embrace that event. Other than that, no complaints. I luv these '58 Korina models. I have their Explorer as well. Of course with more wood, it's even phatter.

Archived