Some of us are just doomed to shop. :cry:

:lol::wave:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the truth is in the titties

the vee can set you free

Yeah, that is one righteous picture there dude. I mean, I want to be cremated when I croak, but since you've got that picture, you should opt for burial so you can have that etched on your tombstone. ;)

• Members

even for the {censored}er from Kalamazoo - they moved 30 years ago, let it go, son, let it go

I can't argue with that, but a chubby {censored}er that just yip-yaps all day long on forum, telling people to go play and calling me a {censored}er is just {censored}ed. However, next time you're in around the area, we can go for a factory tour ;)

• Members

I can't argue with that, but a chubby {censored}er that just yip-yaps all day long on forum, telling people to go play and calling me a {censored}er is just {censored}ed. However, next time you're in around the area, we can go for a factory tour
;)

sorry - didn't realize you were a virgin

do you play guitar?

• Members

See sig...
:wave:

I really like the Faded V's. In my experience they are much better than the Faded SG's I've come across. The only reason I'm getting rid of mine is because I've got GAS for other things and this one just doesn't get played as much as it deserves. For the prices they can be found for (not just mine), they are a great, solid buy.

Lewser,

I appreciate your coming along for the ride. I'll be honest. I was aiming to spend more like $200 - $300. But pm me if you want to talk more about this.

Really I need to back up and try a couple brands at GC. I'm hoping to do this later this morning.

- w

• Members

Yeah, I gotta admit, I'm a convert on that issue. I used to think they were very uncomfortable to play sitting down

-but here's my history

-I used to have a rather nice MIJ neck thru Jackson Randy Rhoads (offset -V)

Man, that thing would injure you if you tried to play it sitting down. I sold it off because I never played it. :cry: Great neck - kick ass pickups :cry: but never played it cuz I need to be on my ass - I'm old and lazy.

But I eventually broke down and tried a Gibson V. Whole different story. The V isn't as wide, it fits tighter on your right thigh, and the upper wing isn't as extreme.

Sure, I still have to scoot my butt just a bit forward on the seat, but that puts me into the proper position to play over the fretboard anyway, so that's not a bad trade-off.

But the cool part, is you can really hold the guitar with your legs which frees up your arms and hands a bit more for playing the guitar, or waisting time on the computer keyboard like I'm doing right now - with V in lap - holdin steady.

• Members

I would've guessed the RR wouldn't be too hard to play sitting, with the smaller horn and all

I wonder if the King V is tough, too -- I've only had traditional shape Vs

I rarely play electric sitting down - it's a bit easier to put my fingers in the right place sitting, but I think I get better sound/feel standing - I can dig in, I can move my ass a bit and really get the emotion into the playing - when I'm sitting I'm just noodling

acoustic I enjoy playing on my ass - it appreciates laziness more

• Members

I would've guessed the RR wouldn't be too hard to play sitting, with the smaller horn and all

I rarely play electric sitting down - it's a bit easier to put my fingers in the right place sitting, but I think I get better sound/feel standing - I can dig in, I can move my ass a bit and really get the emotion into the playing - when I'm sitting I'm just noodling

It's of course not as hard as I was making it sound, but the wider spread takes away the advantage the Flying V has of forming a good snug cradle over your thigh, which helps me control the Flying V. That extra long upper wing on the RR is more likely to be obstructed and the sharper downward direction of the lower wing means scooting forward is more important, so that you really got to get into that laid back "blues on the porch" position to make it work.

The Jackson RR also had a hardshell case that came with it that was the biggest case I've ever seen for a guitar. You'd have guessed it housed a big keyboard instead of a guitar.

But hopefully that guitar found its way into the hands of a deserving loving metalhead.

• Members

I tired a Dean V, and a 2 Jacksons. They did have a Dean X ML - I think it was, and played that for about 15 minutes. Its kind of a modified V shape - but still not as comfy as many other guitars - it would not be a gotta have for me. I have seen a couple demos where the player puts his right leg between the two legs of the V, and plays it that way seated. I tried that, but it tends to put the fret board higher than I like. A V is not my pick. But to each their own.

- w

PS - JJ - I think you need to open up more, and get things off your chest. Its not healthy to keep things bottled up. BTW - I appreciated the video.

Archived