What do you guys use to clean your guitar?

2pacHendrix

• Members

I just got done with selling my guitar and I was just polishing it up a little bit before I went to sell it. I just used a regular cloth to tidy it up, but this guitar was still kinda dirty after i was finished.

So my question is; What do you guys use to clean your guitar(s)? Napkins, throw it in the shower, saliva, cloths, what?

Is there a specific product I should use?

I don't know, I'm just wondering because I'm a clean freak and I like my guitars to be shiny! And I like to sell my products in the cleanest condition :thu:!

• Members

Usually just some water with a small amount of liquid soap, like liquid hand soap or dish detergent.

If there's a lot of gunk, maybe some windex-type cleaner, but I don't let it sit on the guitar for any length of time. And may not use at all on a nitro finish unless all other options are exhausted.

• Members

methylated spirits ( dunno if its called something else in the states but not bourban or vodka) works well on strings when they get dirty but you gotta get the cloth under the strings a right up next to the nut. I know a person who swears by a mix of orange oil and metho, but i tried this recently and couldn't get the two to mix properly.

• Members
I use
Powerchord
.I have used it for 5 years on every type of guitar I have owned including,Fender,Gibson,Rickenbacker,Gretsch and others.I have owned over 70 electrics since I became a member here and I have used it on every one.

powerchord-polish4.jpg

I use that stuff too. I keep the Gibson kit at home, but I have a bottle of that at work where I tend to do about half of my guitar maintenance. I couldn't remember what it wass called, just that it had that badass black and yellow stripped bottle.

Archived