What do you guys use to clean your guitar?

2pacHendrix

• Members

Most new guitars have a urethane based finish that isn't really much different from an automotive urethane clearcoat. I haven't let my guitars get dirty enough to need to be cleaned per-se, but I do wax them regularly with my favorite car wax (Zaino). That keeps them super smooth and shiny, and the wax really helps prevent any kind of crud from building up in the first place. For my fingerboards I use some fingerboard oil that I bought at the local guitar shop, but usually after a couple days it seems like the oil has evaporated out of the fingerboard, so I may try something else next time.

• Members

Most new guitars have a urethane based finish that isn't really much different from an automotive urethane clearcoat. I haven't let my guitars get dirty enough to need to be cleaned per-se, but I do wax them regularly with my favorite car wax (Zaino). That keeps them super smooth and shiny, and the wax really helps prevent any kind of crud from building up in the first place. For my fingerboards I use some fingerboard oil that I bought at the local guitar shop, but usually after a couple days it seems like the oil has evaporated out of the fingerboard, so I may try something else next time.

Yeah I've used Sonus Klasse AIO on real grimy guitars and they shine up real nice.

Archived