Ask Larry Conklin

LarryConklin

• Members

No, I don't see it that way, sorry. What you "think" is pretty obvious, and reality, are two very different things. 20 different threads and 100's of forum members bashing a guy, is not "light hearted comic relief".

I'm not self-righteous either. If I saw a mob of people jump a defenseless guy, I wouldn't consider someone jumping in to help him "self-righteous". You're void of any sense of reality.

I'd bet all of your 20,000+ posts are as worthless as that one.

Here's the self-righteous assertion again. Please see above, where I address this fallacy. I'm not hypocritical when I am pointing out the irony of people ridiculing someone, when they don't have a leg to stand on themselves, in regards to what topic they're critiquing. I'd say in comparison to all the negativity propagated on this site towards the guy, my comments didn't carry even a tenth of the negative weight, in comparison.

I don't care whose company you enjoy, but I'd imagine your encounters generally take place at a glory hole in an urban area - run down gas station bathroom.

You're a major douche in this whole thing. I couldn't care less what your opinion is.

I think your choice of avatar is fitting.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've heard many of you play, and trust me, you're nothing to write home about. I've also seen pictures of some of you, and you look even worse than you play. Perhaps one day - you classless piles of bacteria infested defecation - will contribute something positive to society, gain some self worth from it, and not feel the need to aimlessly ridicule others.

Guilty as charged!

They Live, do you have clips of your playing? How about pictures? If you're going to be all serious about things at least share your amazing skills and looks with us!

• Members

No, I don't see it that way, sorry. What you "think" is pretty obvious, and reality, are two very different things. 20 different threads and 100's of forum members bashing a guy, is not "light hearted comic relief".

I'm not self-righteous either. If I saw a mob of people jump a defenseless guy, I wouldn't consider someone jumping in to help him "self-righteous". You're void of any sense of reality.

I'd bet all of your 20,000+ posts are as worthless as that one.

Here's the self-righteous assertion again. Please see above, where I address this fallacy. I'm not hypocritical when I am pointing out the irony of people ridiculing someone, when they don't have a leg to stand on themselves, in regards to what topic they're critiquing. I'd say in comparison to all the negativity propagated on this site towards the guy, my comments didn't carry even a tenth of the negative weight, in comparison.

I don't care whose company you enjoy, but I'd imagine your encounters generally take place at a glory hole in an urban area - run down gas station bathroom.

You're a major douche in this whole thing. I couldn't care less what your opinion is.

Just as none of us care about yours.

• Members
Is it really entertaining to create a fictitious account pretending to be this poor guy, and is it really fun for everyone else to mock, insult, and degrade him?

Personally, I find it pretty disturbing, that even though you people are complete losers yourselves, you still have the audacity to ridicule and judge someone else. I suppose if one tried - they could understand that there is only so much people like yourselves can do on the internet -before you have exhausted the entertainment value of the things you generally do online. I mean, what are you supposed to do when you have already spent countless hours looking at ,and masturbating to: people being pissed on, {censored} on, and ultimately those people having their colons perforated by a horse? How many times can you people email pictures of your genitals to, and get rejected by the same 13 & 14 year old boys, not even getting the chance to be caught red handed by Chris Hansen, before you give up and come here to ultimately get in on the Larry Conklin bashing?

I've heard many of you play, and trust me, you're nothing to write home about. I've also seen pictures of some of you, and you look even worse than you play. Perhaps one day - you classless piles of bacteria infested defecation - will contribute something positive to society, gain some self worth from it, and not feel the need to aimlessly ridicule others.

Clips and pics or shut the {censored} up!

:thu:

• Members
Guys, out of respect for the real person (yes he is a real person, an actual human being), I think it's time to stop. We've had our fun, but it's time to move on to other things.

I admit I am one of the most serious offenders, and I can only hope the real Larry has not been made aware of any of this. Out of respect, I ask that we all put an end to this.

Thank you.

Just change your name to Larry Cunklin & it's all good. :thu:

• Members

Oh no, let's measure out how much offense everyone is dishing out and then weigh it against hypocrisy. Theylive, if you're going to bash other people about bashing people, do it constructively, because right now, no one gives a {censored} about what you're saying.

• Members

only so much people like yourselves can do on the internet -before you have exhausted the entertainment value of the things you generally do online. I mean, what are you supposed to do when you have already spent countless hours looking at ,and masturbating to:
people being pissed on, {censored} on, and ultimately those people having their colons perforated by a horse? How many times can you people email pictures of your genitals to, and get rejected by the same 13 & 14 year old boys
, not even getting the chance to be caught red handed by Chris Hansen,...

Whoa, they have that kind of stuff on the internet?1!!? :eek:

• Members

Oh no, let's measure out how much offense everyone is dishing out and then weigh it against hypocrisy. Theylive, if you're going to bash other people about bashing people, do it constructively, because right now, no one gives a {censored} about what you're saying.

Im perfectly content with my methods, and I'd be more than happy to let you get back to ramming a wooden dildo into your rectum, you redundant {censored}.

• Members

Im perfectly content with my methods, and I'd be more than happy to let you get back to ramming a wooden dildo into your rectum, you redundant {censored}.

I've not contributed to this thread and have only read it out of curiosty, but the fact that you use the vilest insults you can think of against people light-heartedly mocking someone who is obviously deluded about his talent totally negates your whole point.

I'll admit some of the comments posted have gone a bit far, but does that give you the right to accuse forum members of being peodophiles?

I think a more resoned and less emotional argument may have helped your case. And if you reply to this with a string of abuse then you simply prove my point.

Stu

• Members

Here I am....Once again trying to keep it real.

1. Larry Conklin cant play the guitar
2. All of the comedy on here has been light hearted
3. So what if it wasnt a classy move on our part, it was all in fun. We werent trying to degrade the guy, just his playing.
4. I dont feel like any worse of a person for making jokes about him
5. I will probably continue to make fun of him

• Members

I've not contributed to this thread and have only read it out of curiosty, but the fact that you use the vilest insults you can think of against people light-heartedly mocking someone who is obviously deluded about his talent totally negates your whole point.

I'll admit some of the comments posted have gone a bit far, but does that give you the right to accuse forum members of being peodophiles?

I think a more resoned and less emotional argument may have helped your case. And if you reply to this with a string of abuse then you simply prove my point.

Stu

I'm not trying to make a case. People will continue to do whatever they wish. I never thought that what I said would change anyones behavior, but I sure as hell was going to let the people here know what scum they are.

Had this guy, larry -by any chance decided to come here on the forums and check it out, I'm sure he would not take the threads about him as "light hearted humor". The most logical and reasonable conclusion, is that he would be very hurt, and ashamed. People are smug, pretentious, and vicious, for no other reason than because they can be. Their mean spirited criticism is completely useless and unnecessary. Furthermore, when you look at their playing and their pictures, you can see that they're clearly delusional about their place in the world -and their worthiness to judge other people.

I don't care if people here don't like my comments, they can shove it. I'm not trying to fit in with them, I don't give a flying {censored} about them. Anyone who gets a hard on for ridiculing some poor guy who is just trying to be passionate and share himself with others, should be held to the same such scrutiny.

• Members

I'm not trying to make a case. People will continue to do whatever they wish. I never thought that what I said would change anyones behavior, but I sure as hell was going to let the people here know what scum they are.

Had this guy, larry -by any chance decided to come here on the forums and check it out, I'm sure he would not take the threads about him as "light hearted humor". The most logical and reasonable conclusion, is that he would be very hurt, and ashamed. People are smug, pretentious, and vicious, for no other reason than because they can be. Their mean spirited criticism is completely useless and unnecessary. Furthermore, when you look at their playing and their pictures, you can see that they're clearly delusional about their place in the world -and their worthiness to judge other people.

I don't care if people here don't like my comments, they can shove it. I'm not trying to fit in with them, I don't give a flying {censored} about them. Anyone who gets a hard on for ridiculing some poor guy who is just trying to be passionate and share himself with others, should be held to the same such scrutiny.

Point well taken.

The appropriate response is to say, "hey guys that's mean".

Your response was....." hey you bunch of masturbating pedophile homosexuals.....you suck at guitar too"

See the difference.

• Members

I have offered my playing for scrutiny many times. Have you?

Anyone speaking out loud, writing and offering his art (or lack thereof) for consumption opens himself (or herself) for criticism and comments. That means me, that means Larry and that means you.

As far as I'm concerned, Larry's supreme and redeeming quality is his enthusiasm. That can't be beat.

• Members

I will put my sense of style and playing against 'TheyLive' any day of the week.

If he comes down to The Ground Round I'll bet a giant pretzel appetizer he wouldn't get on the stage with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC3a7QDsohA

That's me. I don't hide behind a screen name and I don't need cork sniffer guitars.

If the real Larry comes on here I will thank him for his influence.

Namaste biatches

• Members

Here I am....Once again trying to keep it real.

1. Larry Conklin cant play the guitar

2. All of the comedy on here has been light hearted

3. So what if it wasnt a classy move on our part, it was all in fun. We werent trying to degrade the guy, just his playing.

4. I dont feel like any worse of a person for making jokes about him

5. I will probably continue to make fun of him

I agree with all this, except the first point. Larry can shred. Who else has licks that hot?

• Members

Is it really entertaining to create a fictitious account pretending to be this poor guy, and is it really fun for everyone else to mock, insult, and degrade him?

Personally, I find it pretty disturbing, that even though you people are complete losers yourselves, you still have the audacity to ridicule and judge someone else. I suppose if one tried - they could understand that there is only so much people like yourselves can do on the internet -before you have exhausted the entertainment value of the things you generally do online. I mean, what are you supposed to do when you have already spent countless hours looking at ,and masturbating to: people being pissed on, {censored} on, and ultimately those people having their colons perforated by a horse? How many times can you people email pictures of your genitals to, and get rejected by the same 13 & 14 year old boys, not even getting the chance to be caught red handed by Chris Hansen, before you give up and come here to ultimately get in on the Larry Conklin bashing?

Hey, do you have any idea how rude you are?

I don't know you, nor would I want to, but I have to say that you have a problem.

I'll bet you preach to people about tolerence as well, yet you come on here and show none.

Typical bleeding heart, or should I say, typical asshole.

• Members

seriously, if I could meet any guitarist, it would probably be larry. I'd treat him to dinner at the ground round. I've come to idolize the man. He's just so positive and happy about guitar playing.

and he's got hot licks. you can't beat that.

and then theres the other possibility

he could be some captain beefheart-like genius whose work is just too challenging for most. His seemingly sloppy chord changes really have elaborate, pre-written rests in a 5/13 time signature.

Archived