Ask Larry Conklin

LarryConklin

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Larry, I can't help but notice that your avatar keeps looking more and more like my avatar, of you. Is it hard to go through life, being so really, really good looking that you can't help but look at pictures of yourself all day?

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.

• Members

Larry, I can't help but notice that your avatar keeps looking more and more like my avatar, of you. Is it hard to go through life, being so really, really good looking that you can't help but look at pictures of yourself all day?

I think the talent plus the looks is the devastating combo. I am sure that is why Nancy was putty in his hands.

• Members

Larry,

With your command of the fretboard, you must have some endorsement deals. Can you tell us who supports you?

Well, there is my signature Ed Roman model guitar, of course. Ed has been a big supporter of mine since day one. I'd also like to thank the Ground Round corporation for many years of excellent service. Look for my signature dish, Conklin's Crispy Quesadilla, the next time you stop by.

613.jpg

• Members

I've heard some rumors that you might be doing a three-day guitar workshop this summer. Is that true, and if so where will it be? I would like to invite you to have it in beautiful Des Moines. We have a Ground Round right across the street from the Best Western hotel, so it would be perfect.

• Members

I've heard some rumors that you might be doing a three-day guitar workshop this summer. Is that true, and if so where will it be? I would like to invite you to have it in beautiful Des Moines. We have a Ground Round right across the street from the Best Western hotel, so it would be perfect.

More like a thirty day workshop, one for each channel. I'm thinking of taking the clinic on the road to Ground Round locations across this great nation. Or perhaps Circuit City stores to help promote the upcoming album I mentioned earlier.

They are sure to have tons of locations for me to choose from this summer!!

• Members

WAIT! I have a question!

I have a reverb device, some Mel Bay books, a thirty channel pedal or something like it, and so on. I am so close to your sound, but my guitar does not have a wah-wah bar. What can I do?

OK, OK. One last answer before I sign off for the night. Sounds like you have most of the ingredients for a successful hot lick. But not having a wah-wah bar will significantly decrease your ability to tear it up and get women like Nancy.

I suggest over-compensating for the lack of a wah-wah bar with a boost in reverb. That ought to take care of it!

• Members

2 more questions Larry

1. Do you know what a troglodyte is?

B. Are there any mirrors in your home?

p.s. you hold the guitar like it's a tender female

Dude, he can't put up a mirror on the wall of a cave. It's solid rock.

I'm sure he only live's in there to get that nice big reverb (don't worry Larry, your secret is safe with all the HCers).

• Members

how was Nancy and what things did you do to her, if i may ask. the way you were laying it down with the guitar so close to her, well, anyone could see she was yours for the taking.

was she as hot in bed as she looked on screen? i bet she was. what did you feed her after lovemaking (no penis or sperm jokes please). thank you.

• Members

I've been playing for nearly two months now and I've got my chops almost up to your level. What would you recommend I do to take things to the next level? I'm thinking I can jazz things up with a bass guitar, maybe a keyboard and some drums. What do you think?

Archived