MARRIED GUYS - WEDDING RINGS

Johansolo

• Members

I just got married 2 months ago, and I'm used to it already. Admittedly, I can't shred or anything even close, but I rarely bang my ring on the bottom of the neck anymore. It only took about a week to adjust, although the damned thing still feels pretty heavy...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a simple gold band, if I remember correctly I was a little concerned at first about the ring getting in the way of my playing, but I got used to it after a few days.

I've only taken my wedding ring off a handful of times in the 29 years that I've been married. If you take the ring off when you play you are more likely to loose it.

Congrats on the wedding, loves a beautiful thing.

• Members

Got married back in '87 and wore the ring with no problems until recently, when carpal tunnel started to be an issue. Now I wear no watch or ring (don't want anything that will restrict circulation) and take a lot of Vitamin B and ginger root. The wife's OK with it; we're both in our 50s.

• Members

Odd, I've noticed that women aren't scared off by wedding rings at all - in fact, it's practically catnip to some women. It's like a sign that a guy has been pre-approved by some other woman. Certified pre-owned, like the car dealers say.

truth - should be printed on the married certificate.

• Members

thanks for all the replies.

and no its not a huge ring. its actually a really thin band and looks like a cog (sorta).

i just have shorter stubby fingers. its not too bad on the six string but the seven thunks a bit. i dont think it should be a big issue. just something i noticed the other day. ill have to see how it goes when i get back

and ive actually grown quite attached to it now. its a matching band to my wifes but hers cost like 6x more due to the diamond. bought them when we were in paris in 07. so ive decided to keep it on all the time.

i didnt think about how it would affect me going to the gym/lifting weights.

i wear gloves...hmmm...ill have to cross that path when i get there...been such a busy week!

anways only a couple more hours till im on plane to hawaii. cant wait.

prob wont be able to sleep tonight so guess ill be prowling this forum

• Members

Here's a tip... when you're in Hawaii... slip the ring on your other hand for part of the time you're out in the sun.

That way, when you take it off, it doesn't leave a tell tail tan line...

While wedding rings can be bar fly attractors... the fly's aren't as impressed by evidence you are taken, but trying not to show it!

Good luck with this new step in your life. 21 years and counting for me!

FYI, Hendrix was pretty good on the guitar... and he wore a BUNCH of rings on both hands... in fact, he sometimes used them for sonic effect... see if you can use your ring as a makeshift slide sometime!

M

• Members

after all that...the wife said to take the rings off for the honeymoon as shes paranoid we will get mugged or lose them. i wanted to keep mine on but she said that she would look like my mistress if she didnt have her ring on and i did for our honeymoon haha.

anyways... leaving for hawaii in 3 hours.

im preparing my self for time travel...as we leave Perth Western Australia at 12pm Sunday local time and arrive in Hawaii 8am Sunday

• Members

i just got married on wednesday. this week has been such a blurr with celebration dinners and pissups... and we are off to hawaii for the whole of feb for our honeymoon.

anyways amist all the running around/celebrating...i got to sneak in a couple of hours playing guitar today...and noticed that i have to slightly alter my playing due to my ring

chords are fine but my shredding on runs (especially starting on the lower frets) results in my ring thunking on the bottom o the neck/fretboard.

anyone other married guys have this issue?

i think it should just be a minor adjustment...its not too noticable on the 6 strings but my sevens string will need some work.

anyways other than that no complaints haha

Congrats! Make it last a lifetime.

I don't wear my ring I put it in the safe. I hate wearing anything like jewlery, no rings, post or bones through my nose. My wife wore her ring for about 2 years and put it away too. Stuff like that just gets in my way and catches on everything I work on. 23 years and were still goig strong, so I guess the ring doesn't really matter much anymore.

Archived