Let's talk about what makes this forum great

jjpistols

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The vast preponderance of Genuinely Nice People, a few of whom are listed in my sig. For everybody else I could list, there'd be half a dozen I'd be leaving out, but some others who come to mind include Fretsy, metalheadUK, GarysBlues (where he at these days, anyway?), Puckman, DaveAronow, MiniTruth and ...

YOU!

• Members
The vast preponderance of Genuinely Nice People, a few of whom are listed in my sig. For everybody else I could list, there'd be half a dozen I'd be leaving out, but some others who come to mind include Fretsy, metalheadUK, GarysBlues (where he at these days, anyway?), Puckman, DaveAranow, MiniTrue and ...

YOU!

Me? Really?

Aw, shucks. :love:

• Members

I like a lot of people on here (I think), but the people I keep seeming to talk to, and who seem particularly worthy of mention for me would be:

Mistersully - listens to people's music and has a big heart
Davearonow - a lovely man with poor artistic ability
Rock-Lobster - just a kind of phenomenon
CSM - needs no introduction, but love his Ameringlish posts
Ratae - our own Irish Tour, who uses the word '{censored}' with impunity
RoosterB - seems like a decent monkey
Garysblues - always willing to contribute
Minitruth - aujourd'hui mama est mort
Heather - like her threads
Aenemated - OMG NGD
Frets - :cop::love:
EllenGtrGrl - seems like a good guitar grl
GAS man - nice and blunt.
MetalHeadUK - good sense of the ridiculous.
The others I missed out.

And all the other people who have offered such great advice. There's another hard-as-nails bunch (which I'm a bit scared of), who seem like really good people. Although they probably think I'm a twat, I think I'm basically batting on the same wicket as people like JJ Pistols.

• Members

The vast preponderance of Genuinely Nice People, a few of whom are listed in my sig. For everybody else I could list, there'd be half a dozen I'd be leaving out, but some others who come to mind include Fretsy, metalheadUK, GarysBlues (where he at these days, anyway?), Puckman, DaveAronow, MiniTrue and ...

YOU!

Aww!

You are so sweet!

• Members

Rock-Lobster - just a kind of phenomenon

CSM - needs no introduction, but love his Ameringlish posts

Ratae - our own Irish Tour, who uses the word '{censored}' with impunity

RoosterB - seems like a decent monkey

Garysblues - always willing to contribute

Minitruth - aujourd'hui mama est mort

Heather - like her threads

Aenemated - OMG NGD

Frets -
:cop::love:
EllenGtrGrl - seems like a good guitar grl

GAS man - nice and blunt.

MetalHeadUK - good sense of the ridiculous.

The others I missed out.

And all the other people who have offered such great advice. There's another hard-as-nails bunch (which I'm a bit scared of), who seem like really good people. Although they probably think I'm a twat, I think I'm basically batting on the same wicket as people like JJ Pistols.

:lol::lol::lol::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members
the same thing that makes it suck

the people

who goes above and beyond and gives this forum so much?

Frets99, obviously

ArKay, for hosting all the jams

Aenemated, for starting a hosting site for us

Jkater, the king of appreciation threads

atrox, arronow, jrock, fosse (not ratae), and anyone else who ever started or hosted a raffle or big giveaway

help me out, y'all, I can't mention everyone - my brain hurts already trying to remember stuff

let's give thanks to the folks whose works balance out the bull{censored} that threatens to bog us down sometimes

Damn, I'm away for a day and everything is about trolls.
Did it get that bad?

Hey JJ.
That's no way to get elevated to Mod status.
:cop:

• Members

Thanks JJ for the...appreciation! :D

this thread is a good reminder that there is not only trolling going on right now in HCEG. The people here and some in particular are responsible for the slight slowing down of my developpement in guitar playing but conversely also of my drastic improvement in word-per-minute typing skillz.

JJ, you have a unique ability to gather and mobilize people and to get them to move their butts. NO ONE else could have made the "I want to hear you play" thread such an epic thread and lively place that has help one another to (finally) open their ears. Your understanding of this forum is matched only by a very few.

I'm grateful for the great players (MHUK, MikeSF, Burgess, Frets, many others), the people who I appreciate for their maturity and kindness (MisterSully, DaveAronow, JerryPicker, ...), I like the humour when it's not at the expense of others and the knowledge when it's been earned through experience (it always transpires when it's for real).

• Members
Thanks JJ for the...appreciation!
:D

this thread is a good reminder that there is not only trolling going on right now in HCEG. The people here and some in particular are responsible for the slight slowing down of my developpement in guitar playing but conversely also of my drastic improvement in word-per-minute typing skillz.

JJ, you have a unique ability to gather and mobilize people and to get them to move their butts. NO ONE else could have made the "I want to hear you play" thread such an epic thread and lively place that has help one another to (finally) open their ears. Your understanding of this forum is matched only by a very few.

I'm grateful for the great players (MHUK, MikeSF, Burgess, Frets, many others), the people who I appreciate for their maturity and kindness (MisterSully, DaveAronow, JerryPicker, ...), I like the humour when it's not at the expense of others and the knowledge when it's been earned through experience (it always transpires when it's for real).

You had me until you mentioned DaveAronow and maturity in the same sentence. Ha ha ha ha. He is VERY kind though. Huge heart :thu:

• Members
You had me until you mentioned DaveAronow and maturity in the same sentence. Ha ha ha ha. He is VERY kind though. Huge heart
:thu:

Maturity not to be confused with excessively boring behavior.

Dave and I have conversed together countless times. He is a very mature and wise guy as much as he can be crazy when he chooses to.

Archived