Some photography

Phait

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
The head could be just a tad bit crisper, but far nicer than anything that I've been able to capture. I do, however, LOVE the backlit feathers in the tail.
:thu:

Well, thank you much. There's a story behind that picture. I was driving along US1 here in Vero Beach and noticed two eagles circling above WAY up in the air. I couldn't resist, so I pulled into a parking lot and grabbed my camera and 400mm lens and stood there next to the car shooting nearly straight up in the air. I was actually quite surprised at how well that turned out considering how high they were and that it was hand held at 400mm. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Thanks guys, I got more today! I did in fact see deer, and took some pics but the woods/branches obscure sooooo much you cannot find them. At least, I challenge you to :p I went 5 miles north along railroad tracks and saw:

deer, crane, groundhog, red-tailed hawks, heard an eagle

Just what is this thing?

89885183.th.jpg

It was far ahead, and when I looked through my monocular, I saw heat haze. It clearly looked like a barn, what with the angle of the 'roof', and in the shot you can barely tell where there would be darker roof atop. But, I also didn't nkow if it was a train car and a guy in the 'doorway' there. I didn't wanna go too far ahead and get in trouble, so I snapped this pic. Sucks, cause I didn't even get to my intended destination (rock quarry). If it's a barn, why would it be "on" the tracks, they go straight out for miles. Could be some kind of arched tunnel? I have checked the satellite maps and birds-eye-view of the area and can't find anything, but I'll look harder again.

img2531c.jpg

img2537w.jpg

img2539z.jpg

img2554n.jpg

img2540.jpgg

Archived