Hot NGD Alert - *may cause GAS!*

HaloJem

• Members

Ok, yesterday she came home with me - a brand new '07 Les Paul Studio Premium Plus AAA Flametop. Unreal deal - less than $1k!! The first song I played with her was Fire Woman by the cult... enjoy!

CAM_0048_sz1.jpg' alt='>'>

CAM_0049.jpg' alt='>'>

CAM_0055_SZ.jpg' alt='>'>

CAM_0047_SZ2.jpg' alt='>'>

CAM_0022.jpg' alt='>'>

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't we have a rule about no feet in NGD photos? I know it's usually for when someone shoots their shoes while aiming down at the guitar on the floor, but I think a big bare foot on a chair qualifies as a foul too!!!!!!

:D

Nice guitar.. Love the blue lights around yer rack.

• Members
thats a great guitar, i just wish they would put REAL bookmatched wood on top instead of two curly maple pieces, but oh well, ill be the only one to notice it.

It does line up.. :facepalm: When you photograph a flametop, it's very difficult to get the refraction to line up so that it looks right, especially when you shoot it on an angle. In person, I 100% guarantee it lines up perfectly..

• Members

yes i know how light refraction and photograph angles look, there are deviations in the grain that aren't matched on the other side, and if its bookmatched properly, that will not happen. i suppose you could argue that due to the fact that its an arch top the carve took it out, but grain deviations usually run deeper than .25''

• Members
Don't we have a rule about no feet in NGD photos? I know it's usually for when someone shoots their shoes while aiming down at the guitar on the floor, but I think a big bare foot on a chair qualifies as a foul too!!!!!!

:D

Nice guitar.. Love the blue lights around yer rack.

Wow, never knew about the no feet rule... thanks!

• Members
yes i know how light refraction and photograph angles look, there are deviations in the grain that aren't matched on the other side, and if its bookmatched properly, that will not happen.
i suppose you could argue that due to the fact that its an arch top the carve took it out, but grain deviations usually run deeper than .25''

You mean like the one on my Carvin CT4? At the top, uncarved spot, it's a prefect match.. By the time the carve reaches the rim of the guitar, it ain't even close..

mismatch_1.jpg

Sorry, but wood grain isn't always predctiable.. His flames, however, are fine.

HaloJem, the foot thing isn't bannable, yet.. So yer fine =)

Archived