Martins kick ass

Pine Apple Slim

PAS is trying to make a point about splitting the forum he also posted something about bacon grease in the AG forum ...

This thread is a satire IMO ...

whatever.

• Members

Okay, so back off-topic we go.

Slim, Martins are nice guitars. I'm sure Chris IV is proud of the product line and his family's tradition. There. Obligatory acknowledgement complied with.

Now, had Chris III treated me with respect in 1974 and swapped out that greenwood D-35 I bought new with one that was built with properly dried wood I might have an ounce of respect for the man and his company today. But, he didn't and I usually give what I get, being a charitable person.

It wasn't the product. It was the team behind it that failed the product and the customer at that time. It was a time of poor QC from the company while it was suffering from flat sales. So, they short-cut some of the processes and sent defective guitars out to the unsuspecting public. The truss rods were not adjustable types in Martins at that time so what might have been simple dealer field adjustments ended up being masses of warranty returns. Mine went back twice 2 months after I bought it. Each warranty repair took three months with one month between in my possession. The neck was simply too green.

So, again, Martins are nice guitars but the company did prove to many of us that it is perfectly willing to perpetuate a fraud on its customers should the need to do that present itself.

Screw me once...

Archived