Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to S&H Green Stamps?

And Raleigh coupons?
    Be a nice way to fund that Collings I've been eyeballing.
    It might be worth it to start smoking if I could get a nice guitar for some trading stamps.
    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

I remember S&H Green Stamps and all the cool things one could buy with them.

Realizing that I'm old enough to remember them is kinda like getting a bi**h slap from time....LOL

Comment

Oh! oh! Next tell us what it was like during the Wilson administration! And Where were you when you heard McKinley was shot?
      "What we obtain too cheaply we esteem too lightly"-Thomas 'House Of' Paine

Fender Jazz Bass
      1970 Ampeg B-25B w/2x15 cab

http://www.myspace.com/theyeswecans

Comment

They're gone, along with the days when someone used to pump your gas and clean your windows.
        - Rob

YouTube (GuiTuber)
        Proud Member of the Alvarez Alliance & Yamaha Player's Guild

Comment

I remember them (I'm mid/upper 30s).

http://www.greenpoints.com/info/inf_newarticle.asp?Article=newYorktimes030900.html
          (His name is Mel Bay. Quit PMing me!)

Asturias AST-60
          Larrivee SD-50
          Takamine TAN77, EAN10C
          Cordoba 45FM

Comment

I got my first guitar w/ Green Stamps.

Comment

They're gone, along with the days when someone used to pump your gas and clean your windows.

They still do that in Oregon....yeah, I jumped out of my car grabbed the pump, and an irritated guy yells out.....HEY! what do you think you are doing?
              Steve Goodman Fan/Eddie Wright Fan/Damon Fowler Fan 2006 Martin OM21, 2014 Martin GPC12string, 2012 Gibson J45 Standard Spruce/mahogany1969 Framus 12 String Spruce/Mahogany1990's Larrivee D2 (Spruce/Mahogany)2007-8 Guild C0-2C (Spruce/Mahogany)2009 Recording King RO-26 (Spruce/Mahogany)1962-3 Gibson LG2 (Spruce/Mahogany)

Comment

Oh yeah, S&H stamps.......they were about as valuable as Italian (lira) currency...about a million of them would buy you another pack of cigarettes.
                Steve Goodman Fan/Eddie Wright Fan/Damon Fowler Fan 2006 Martin OM21, 2014 Martin GPC12string, 2012 Gibson J45 Standard Spruce/mahogany1969 Framus 12 String Spruce/Mahogany1990's Larrivee D2 (Spruce/Mahogany)2007-8 Guild C0-2C (Spruce/Mahogany)2009 Recording King RO-26 (Spruce/Mahogany)1962-3 Gibson LG2 (Spruce/Mahogany)

Comment

They still do that in Oregon....yeah, I jumped out of my car grabbed the pump, and an irritated guy yells out.....HEY! what do you think you are doing?

LOL. I made that same mistake on a recent trip to Portland. Guy says "Lady, you can't pump your own gas" and I gave him WTF look.

Then he spotted my Louisiana car tags and explained.

Comment

Wow... I'm flashing back!
                    S&H Quick Saver book on eBay

The guitar was a 3/4 sized Decca classical. I remember filling out the books with Mom.

Comment

Oh! oh! Next tell us what it was like during the Wilson administration! And Where were you when you heard McKinley was shot?

Hey, I didn't know it was arms for hostages, and I didn't kidnap the Lindbergh baby.

Comment

Sperry and Hutchinson. Yep, redeemd many books for a lot of crap, mostly. Way back my Pop would bring home 20 books worth or so with each trip he'd take. I remember the redemption center store was a quagmire of shelves and walls loaded with really cheap stuff. Croquet set with mallets that fell apart. Lot's of framed prints of things like Blue Boy and Pinky. Yep, we had them hanging in the hallway.

Comment

That's the way I remember it too, Melodeous. Sort of the way the Goodwill store here looks today only much smaller, but with the same marketing flare. I was wearing my Buster Browns in those days, trying to find something of value. I think our family got an Igloo cooler or a Thermos there once. Kind of fuzzy memories at this point.

Comment

We used to also have Blue Chip stamps in So. Cal. I remember going to their redemption center many a time. But my memories were of redeeming a bunch of books for cash. We had it a little rough at one time. And you didn't get much either. I think it might have been $5.00 for 10 or 20 books. But hey, it bought gas for my dad to get back and forth to work or it was a few groceries for a day or two. Something to make it till the next payday.
                            - Rob

YouTube (GuiTuber)
                            Proud Member of the Alvarez Alliance & Yamaha Player's Guild

Comment

S&H Green Stamps are now this. Surprisingly, if you still have any stamps laying around, you can evidently still redeem them. Who'd a thought?

Comment

Working...
                              X