Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Roman getting sued (again) - Mosrite this time.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Roman getting sued (again) - Mosrite this time.

I just got an email about this from a friend (mosrite fanatic - Japan's full of them) - the lawsuit was filed about a month ago.

Link to the .pdf of the filing is here:
    http://www.mosrite.us/en/article.php?id=47

Loretta Mosrite is suing Ed Roman and Filmore (the Japnese company that makes the Mosrites Ed sells exclusively in the states as "original Mosrites").

The basics: false advertising, false designation of origin, dilution, false or fraudulent trademark registration, common law trademark infringement and unfair competition, unfair or deceptive trade practices... and on.

I always wondered if he bought the name or something or had permission to use it. I guess not. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy
    Originally Posted by Used2BMarkoh

That's not my picture, you know - that's my avatar. I'm actually a transexual white lesbian from Kansas, but I like to dress up as an the only person more unusual than me - a conservative black man.

Comment

Actually, Loretta Mosrite has been marketing fake Mosrites for years.

Unfortunatly for her she does not own the Mosrite name. It is like if Leo Fender's kids (if he had any) sued Bill Schultz or Ernie Ball for making Fender or Music Man guitars.

This isn't the first time she has tried something like this. She really needs help.

Comment

Ed is stealing pics off the net trying to legitimise his crap..

this pic he has up

here's the real pic and it's location..

Semi custom built all of Brian's Mosrite double necks..

http://brianlonbeck.com/photo-gallery

that's Brian with Barbara Mandrell from the 60's I've already notified him that he's being used on ER site..

Brian & Semie

those Mosrite's are not real, he is making but imitations..

growing up I was lucky to meet Semie and this pisses me off..

huge fail...

Comment

So any Fender made after 1965 is fake too, right?

Comment

Wait, if she acting on behalf of Mosrite company, how can they be "fake"? Wouldn't they, by definition, be real?

So any Fender made after 1965 is fake too, right?

Huh? Yeah, any "Fender" made by some entity that has no right to use the Fender trademark headstock/logo is a fake. Such is my understanding, at least. I mean, I'm no internet lawyer or anything....

Comment

She is acting on behalf of being a nut. This is not the first time.

Comment

if it says CBS I'd consider it a fake LOL

Comment

I just got an email about this from a friend (mosrite fanatic - Japan's full of them) - the lawsuit was filed about a month ago.

Link to the .pdf of the filing is here:
                  http://www.mosrite.us/en/article.php?id=47

Loretta Mosrite is suing Ed Roman and Filmore (the Japnese company that makes the Mosrites Ed sells exclusively in the states as "original Mosrites").

The basics: false advertising, false designation of origin, dilution, false or fraudulent trademark registration, common law trademark infringement and unfair competition, unfair or deceptive trade practices... and on.

This is typical Ed. If you look at the guitar brands he claims to sell on his website, and then check to see which of those brands actually think he's a dealer, you'll find that a good number of them disagree about his dealer status.

Ed Roman is a con man, plain and simple. And there's one sucker on this board that's fallen hook, line and sinker

Comment

Unfortunatly for her she does not own the Mosrite name. It is like if Leo Fender's kids (if he had any) sued Bill Schultz or Ernie Ball for making Fender or Music Man guitars.

This isn't the first time she has tried something like this. She really needs help.

Maybe it's just me, but you spend an amazing amount of time defending Ed on here lately. And it's not just this topic.
                    WTB: Hamer Phantom GT!! PM Me.....

Buy Jackson Guitars!!!

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but you spend an amazing amount of time defending Ed on here lately. And it's not just this topic.

He may BE Ed. But I think it's much more likely that he's a sucker who has been duped by one of Ed's cons, and rather than own up to it and learn his lesson he's trying in vain to defend Ed. It's a fairly typical defense mechanism.

Comment

She is acting on behalf of being a nut. This is not the first time.

I guess Priscella Presley is doing the same thing then huh...

Comment

it's not just you

supposedly it was just his guitars.... apparently it's also his business practices

Comment

This BG76 guy sounds alot like our famous banned member Gretsch Guy.
                            I'm guessing someone is sneaking back in.
                            BG PUPs Hand Wound Pickups Boutique Tones For Just A Few Bones - Wait times are being minimized .DAB Custom GuitarsPaul Reed Smith GuitarsPettingill Lap steelsGibson GuitarsFender GuitarsEastman MandolinsMicheal Kelly MandolinsLine 6Blackheart AmplifiersHC Geezer Brigade #183My MusicMy YoutubesCatch me on Facebook

Comment

What, is BG76 not entitled to his own opinion? What a bunch of witch hunters. From what I've seen, BG76 contributes good content to this forum. So he's defending a guitar brand/shop that he likes, and that's reason to ban him?

I'm no Ed Roman fan, and I won't defend him. I think he's a douchebag, but I've actually dealt with the man when he had a shop here in CT. I had a bad experience with him many years ago and won't deal with him again. But, after all these years he's still in business, so he must have some loyal customers, some of which, judging by all the pictures on his walls, are big stars. So how many of you who trash talk his business practices have actually had any dealings with him? OK, now how many are just parroting **************** they've heard on this or other internet boards? Hands down, I thought so.

Comment

Working...
                              X