Something completely different: Eastwood Wandre Tri-Lam

Grantus

• Members

I love Eastwood, they're great guitars, at least mine is, and Mike and Peter from Eastwood are amazing people. I really want an Eastwood GP!

I've never even held an Eastwood giuitar, but there's about five models of theirs that are on my short list of stuff to get. I'm very glad that they're out there offering something different at attainable prices.

• Members

You were the first person I thought of when I saw the photo. It just looks like it has a greasy old trashy kind of tone, like it's on the ragged edge of blowing up.

There are some things about it I don't like, but it's cool.

No tone knob? No bridge pup?

I get they're recreating an old 60s design, but they've already changed it by using a maple neck. Might as well go all out and modernize it for better function.

Still, give it to me and I'd play it. :thu:

EG

• Members

Add a bridge pickup, and I'm in

Actually, I think it's better that it doesn't have the bridge pickup. I really like it the way it is.

Sometimes too much versatility is a bad thing in guitar design. I think certain guitars that have limitations like this make you do things with them that you otherwise wouldn't on a guitar where you could select something more like "your sound". It has "its" sound. It makes it more unique.

• Members

Hrmm... I'd probably never buy one, but I dig it and I'd definitely pick one up if I saw it in a local shop.

I agree that there are a couple issues in my opinion. I definitely think that it should either have a bridge pickup, or if it only has one pickup, it should be closer to the middle. I don't expect many folks would buy that guitar specifically for jazz. I could live without the tone knob and I'm not sure what I think about the grille/mesh stuff over the F holes.

Still, for a hipster type, I think they could do a lot worse. :lol:

Archived