Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my guitar ever come? Gibson via Sweetwater

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gibson got back to me and they are sending a replacement and arranging pick up on the one I have.

I'm not that picky. If I had to send it back to sweetwater and deal with it as a normal return I probably wouldn't go through that hassle. But after waiting nearly 5 months, it's pretty disappointing.

I'm super easy-going and hate even complaining. I feel like a pain in the ass. But I mean, is it really that hard? Wait 5 months, for a simple, standard production guitar, and it has an obvious flaw in the finish.

I sent pretty scathing emails to Henry J and Dave Pelletier before I even received the guitar, saying 5 months is ridiculous and not offering proper communication to the dealer is a joke. On top of that, I brought up my concern of their quality. During this whole ordeal, one my KRK Rokit5's took a dump, and the only recourse they offered was "buy a new one." Too that, I actually did, I bought a new pair, only to have one DOA.

It's now been passed off to Kevin Young, who was going to send me a shirt and some other stuff for the hassle to begin with, and now he is arranging the exchange. We'll see.

Comment

I used to work at the Gibson factory here in Memphis. I hate to say it, but this kind of **************** is typical. Sell guitars to dealers that aren't ready yet, and then, when you run into manufacturing issues, throw 'em in a case, ship 'em, and hope they don't come back.
      My gear: '92 Rickenbacker 360 Mapleglo BT, '11 Ric 620 Fireglo, '09 Tele Deluxe RI w/ Curtis Novak WRHBs, '10 American Special Strat, Vox AC15, ten fingers.

Comment

Got an email from Kevin at Gibson. They are overnight, Saturday delivering a new one for me to inspect.

Comment

It looks great - here's hoping the next one is perfect.

Comment

Many thanks to the OP for posting and keeping the facts in front of the rage you must feel (I know I would be just furious).

My little episode with geting a CV Tele from Hello Music (first one DOA and had clearly been beaten on when sold as "new;" second one ok cosmetically but had some crappy pickups in it) was an echo of the time I ordered an Agile (first one arrived with a cracked/shattered finish); at least Kurt made sure the 2nd guitar was terrific (Hello Music was friendly and courteous and great customer-service-wise, but the 2nd guitar was clearly also b-stock of a sort).

I'm not going to buy guitars from mass-retailers online. I just can't afford to have something like this happen, and it seems that almost everyone I know who has ordered guitars online has had a similar experience.

Are online guitar sales seen as a way of dumping b stock on the ignorant or helpless? Sorry, but I have to think so at this point.
            https://soundcloud.com/danhedonia

Comment

Many thanks to the OP for posting and keeping the facts in front of the rage you must feel (I know I would be just furious).

My little episode with geting a CV Tele from Hello Music (first one DOA and had clearly been beaten on when sold as "new;" second one ok cosmetically but had some crappy pickups in it) was an echo of the time I ordered an Agile (first one arrived with a cracked/shattered finish); at least Kurt made sure the 2nd guitar was terrific (Hello Music was friendly and courteous and great customer-service-wise, but the 2nd guitar was clearly also b-stock of a sort).

I'm not going to buy guitars from mass-retailers online. I just can't afford to have something like this happen, and it seems that almost everyone I know who has ordered guitars online has had a similar experience.

Are online guitar sales seen as a way of dumping b stock on the ignorant or helpless? Sorry, but I have to think so at this point.

I'm a business owner myself, and deal with customers a lot. I'm pretty easy going, it doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy, just do lie to me. I felt I was being lied to at first by Sweetwater. I now know, Gibson left them in the dark, and it wasn't Sweetwater's fault.

I also thought I'd keep it updated and just provide the facts to show how Gibson is handling this. I honestly didn't expect much, so what they are doing so far I am more then pleased with. I understand how mistakes happen, it's not the end of the world. How you correct them says a lot about you as a person/business.

I've got bigger things to worry about then a guitar, so this has been a somewhat entertaining joke. It gives me something stupid to bitch about. No body's happy until they let everyone know how miserable they are.

Comment

Aside from the dents, you're holding my dream Les Paul. A white custom was THE icon for me growing up. Trade you my Joe B. for it... =)
                Signature...

Comment

Aside from the dents, you're holding my dream Les Paul. A white custom was THE icon for me growing up. Trade you my Joe B. for it... =)

It's been my dream guitar too. I don't even play that much any more. But I've always said I would buy one just to hang on the wall if nothing else.

Comment

Well, the replacement arrived today and looks good. Pretty cool that they shipped it so fast, FedEx's retail rate puts the the shipping cost right under $300. And they haven't told me how to return the first one. Hopefully they forget.

Comment

Send them back a Chinese Gibbsoon. :P
                      Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

Well, the replacement arrived today and looks good. Pretty cool that they shipped it so fast, FedEx's retail rate puts the the shipping cost right under $300. And they haven't told me how to return the first one. Hopefully they forget.

Which one plays the best?
                        Signature...

Comment

So yer guitar came? U musta ****************ed it.
                          There can never be a perfect plan. What's perfect for one human bean ain't perfect for the next one. Cuz he's a lentil.

Comment

Working...
                          X