X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Page's Ket custom

TGP guys can't answer this one...

Jimmy Page played this guitar back in his Outrider days. I'm trying to find more info about it without much success. I'm particularly interested in finding out what the pickups are.

PLAY

Alternate tunings blog

Indépendantiste Québecois
    Athée intégriste

Bump
    PLAY

Alternate tunings blog

Athée intégriste

Comment

That picture is sacrileg
      "Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?"

Comment

In what way?
        PLAY

Alternate tunings blog

Athée intégriste

Comment

'Cos Page looks like he's from a 80's glam band with the outfit, lightning, and guitar.
          Gear:
          Epiphone Les Paul Slash AFD Model
          Vox vt20+

Originally Posted by TeleFromHelly

Is that open G?

Originally Posted by xrleroyx

It's in open awesome.

Originally Posted by Help!I'maRock!

Do you like it? Because that's all that really matters. If you're looking to spend money, forums like these will spend you into the poorhouse. They'll either tell you that you have to buy instruments worth thousands to be any good, or that you have to have 900 different cheap guitars to "cover all the bases". Both are bull****************. Play what you like. Tell everybody else to **************** off.

Comment

I think its a Gibson.
            LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

meh. maybe not.
              LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

I can't even find a reference to KET guitars?

Where do you get the idea that this is what the guitar is?
                Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

I dunno...it looks like any of the other 100's of pointy headstock guitars that were around in the 1980's
                  Guitars = Chick Magnet
                  Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
                  You do the math.

HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #002.
                  Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music. - Albert Collins

Comment

I can't even find a reference to KET guitars?

Where do you get the idea that this is what the guitar is?

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/reference/gear/index.php?m=jimmy-1980-present

From here I expect, but its the only reference google has apart from this thread and the TGP one.
                    Even page's site never mentions it.
                    Rules for a Happy Life:
                    Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                    I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                    doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                    Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/reference/gear/index.php?m=jimmy-1980-present

From here I expect, but its the only reference google has apart from this thread and the TGP one.
                      Even page's site never mentions it.

Although equiring minds have been this way before

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/bad-dog-cafe/131223-jimmy-page-playing-pointy-guitar.html
                      Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmm

not really cracking the problem though..................
                        Rules for a Happy Life:
                        Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                        I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                        doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                        Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmm

not really cracking the problem though..................

Mid 80s black Kramer

http://guitar-collector.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=136

http://www.uberproaudio.com/who-plays-what/200-led-zeppelin-jimmy-pages-guitar-gear-rig-and-equipment

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/my-other-guitars/44331-jimmy-page-other-guitars.html

Comment

"- Mid 80s Black Kramer guitar with a trem Used for Outrider-"

Comment

Here is a page with some more pics. You can kind of see the pickups in some of the shots. The bridge seems to have a wide blade like single coil (looks like an SD hot stack), and the neck and middle kind of look like lipsticks, maybe in pairs...or perhaps strat sized single coils, the lighting in the pics makes it hard to see for sure. Looking at the specs the linked page gives makes me think the guy who wrote it isn't a guitar player, as it looks to be mostly wrong. Here is a better pic where you can see the pickups at least.

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/joomla/studio-and-live-gear/1190

Looks like 22 fret, rosewood board, front routed strat type body. Headstock has a back angle, so no string trees. No locking nut, and what looks like a vintage style trem. Strat jack and knobs and strat blade switch. Two (?) microswitches near the blade selector to control hair spray dispensers (?). Bridge looks like a SD hot stack, or the 80's equivalent. Middle and front look like either lipsticks or double blade mini humbuckers (like hot rails, for example).

Comment

Working...
                              X