Jimmy Page's Ket custom

Northstar

• Members

Here is a page with some more pics. You can kind of see the pickups in some of the shots. The bridge seems to have a wide blade like single coil (looks like an SD hot stack), and the neck and middle kind of look like lipsticks, maybe in pairs...or perhaps strat sized single coils, the lighting in the pics makes it hard to see for sure. Looking at the specs the linked page gives makes me think the guy who wrote it isn't a guitar player, as it looks to be mostly wrong. Here is a better pic where you can see the pickups at least.

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/joomla/studio-and-live-gear/1190

o_215_Led_Zeppelin_Jimmy_Page_RARE_STUDI

Looks like 22 fret, rosewood board, front routed strat type body. Headstock has a back angle, so no string trees. No locking nut, and what looks like a vintage style trem. Strat jack and knobs and strat blade switch. Two (?) microswitches near the blade selector to control hair spray dispensers (?). Bridge looks like a SD hot stack, or the 80's equivalent. Middle and front look like either lipsticks or double blade mini humbuckers (like hot rails, for example).

Like you said, looks like an old Seymour Duncan Hot Stack bridge pickup.

tn1_7368548.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

in here it says ".Mid 80s Black Kramer guitar with a trem Used for Outrider"

......and in here

......somewhere down the page (hho) is a comment about this being a one-off Kramer custom 1988.

I'm done now.

Headstock is all wrong as are many other features.

Most of those links are carbon copied information from one to another.

I just asked on the Kramer guitar forum, and will see what insight they may have.

• Members

Not a Kramer. I remember the video and when I bought the cassette after it was released (really a poor album). Anyway the body is the Fender Stratocaster spec, i.e.: http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0110400700

Not Kramer specs, i.e.: http://www.kramerguitars.com/Classic.aspx -- while the body was available with pickguarded configuration that had a more rounded body edge, the shape is decidedly different, especially the whole top half (deeper less symmetrical waist area making for a far slimmer top horn). Also the pointy Kramer headstock was basically the banana-style shaved to the point from the bottom so from the the high E-string tuner to the point would be a rounded slope as opposed to the sharper Jackson-style slant, which can be seen here: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?1930699-Kramer-Guitars...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

KET guitars

Keith Edward Thompson

Manufactured great guitars in Hitchin UK 70's and 80's

I have one and it still rocks

Keith generaly used Demazio or original pickups like guibson or fender

my guitar: 1970 gibson LP bridge and Demazio super distortion back

keith left hitchin years ago, but the shop he left behind may have his forwarding adress

Machinhead music, sun street hitchin herts UK

hope this helps

• Members

BobPoyser wrote:

KET guitars

Keith Edward Thompson

Manufactured great guitars in Hitchin UK 70's and 80's

I have one and it still rocks

Keith generaly used Demazio or original pickups like guibson or fender

my guitar: 1970 gibson LP bridge and Demazio super distortion back

keith left hitchin years ago, but the shop he left behind may have his forwarding adress

Machinhead music, sun street hitchin herts UK

hope this helps

Hmm, as a) this is a really old thread and b) this is yet another first-post user, could I be accused of cynicism for suspecting that you don't hope anything of the sort?

Archived