The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by seifukusha
    View Post

i got my 1980 sa-1000 335 last week and i cant put it down. damn lovely for a 335...

What finish? I saw an SA1000 in natural finish in a book about guitars and it was very beautiful.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

Just posted a pic on the 'f-holes' thread, so thought I would bump the Yamaholics one as well;

This one's an SAS-1500 - another semi-hollowbody, very pretty in Antique Violin Sunburst. It's on its way from Japan, apparently has a smaller body than the rest of Yammie's SA series line-up.

With an all-mahoghany-body and a maple/spruce centre block, I'm curious to see how the tone and sustain will differ from my larger-bodied maple SA500...

Yamaholics!!!
      f-holes!!!

Semi-hollowbodies: Yamaha SA500, Yamaha SAS-1500 Hollowbody: Yamaha SA-20 12-string Multi FX Pedal: DigiTech RP50 Combo Amp: Laney VC15-110

Comment

yeah much smaller body...I love mine.
        it wasn`t me

Comment

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
          Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

it wasn`t me

Comment

Wade: Is there a size difference between the two, or is that just the camera playing tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by wader2k
              View Post

To be insane beyond belief; is sometimes the best relief.

Comment

My Studio Lord and plays well, I am gonna change the pick ups at some point though.

http://www.guitarampboard.com we have gone there, please follow!!!Rememberhttp://www.guitarampboard.comYes that's righthttp://www.guitarampboard.com^_^ http://www.guitarampboard.com ^_^

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by f3nr15
                  View Post

Just posted a pic on the 'f-holes' thread, so thought I would bump the Yamaholics one as well;

This one's an SAS-1500 - another semi-hollowbody, very pretty in Antique Violin Sunburst. It's on its way from Japan, apparently has a smaller body than the rest of Yammie's SA series line-up.

That's my DREAM semi-acoustic! But since I already have the SA2200, I can't justify that purchase to the family administrator (my wife). Zenbu has also one. Let us know how it is once you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by f3nr15
                  View Post

With an all-mahoghany-body and a maple/spruce centre block, I'm curious to see how the tone and sustain will differ from my larger-bodied maple SA500...

Maple = bright sounding

Mahogany= mellower, rounder sound
                  __________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

I have a Yamaha Silent Guitar and a AES 620HB. Both are really fine guitars!

Hey, they were good enough for Tommy Tedesco to play!

I believe that Yamaha is the most underrated guitar maker around. You really don't hear to much about them, but they are out there and being played!
                    Two of the nicest gentlemen, and most talented people: Mssr's Diezel and Krampe.
                    Je préfèrerais mourir sans un sou dans une rue en Europe que de vivre en Amérique sous l'administration actuelle. Alizée est la meilleure. Vous, les princesses pop américaines, n'avez aucun talent, aucune classe, et vous sonnez comme de la merde. Sarkozy et le reste de l'Europe se moquent de notre président dans son dos.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by ArKay
                      View Post

OK, both the SGV 300 & 800 this time

Love the kitschy retro space rocket look of those...
                      Good deals: cpage86, H.R. Shove and Stuff, lank81, Crxsh, Agreed, izesca, thisISjoel, Dr. Picklebottom, sameoldbluesman, themeanreds, Andy315, O'Rourke, dcindc, kgraber, djfrank, CicadaSilence, zygoat, jimihalen, Pointer, letsgocoyote

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by f3nr15
                        View Post

...This one's an SAS-1500...

Whilst poking around on Google, was interested to note that the pygmy-bodied SAS-1500 had a predecessor, the SAS-II; from what I can make out, it was built from ~ 1988-91:

The headstock looks minaturised, too, although I can't quite decide if the neck is a standard size.
                        Yamaholics!!!
                        f-holes!!!

Semi-hollowbodies: Yamaha SA500, Yamaha SAS-1500 Hollowbody: Yamaha SA-20 12-string Multi FX Pedal: DigiTech RP50 Combo Amp: Laney VC15-110

Comment

• yeah used SAS-IIs show up on the Japanese web regularly.
                          it wasn`t me

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by zenbu
                            View Post

yeah used SAS-IIs show up on the Japanese web regularly.

I`ve been wondering about that model - there is one (exactly like the blue one a couple of posts up) that I`ve been tempted by every 4-5 months here in town.

For 4 years now, with startling regularity, the same guitar turns up at a one local recycle shop or other. I know it`s the same guitar because of a couple of dings in the headstock, and an odd wear pattern on the tailpiece.

It`s just recently come up for sale at the local Hard-Off. Again.

Perhaps it`s haunted or something.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by zenbu
                              View Post

yeah used SAS-IIs show up on the Japanese web regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by aclarke
                              View Post

...there is one... that I`ve been tempted by every 4-5 months here in town... with startling regularity, the same guitar turns up at a one local recycle shop or other... Perhaps it`s haunted or something.

Here's the webpage that the SAS-II pics are from:

http://www.hat.hi-ho.ne.jp/luke99/sas_long111.jpg

In Japanese, obviously.

The Google internet translator isn't very good, but I think the owner is saying something about the guitar being not so easy to play, perhaps an overly high string action?
                              Yamaholics!!!
                              f-holes!!!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by aclarke
                                View Post

I`ve been wondering about that model - there is one (exactly like the blue one a couple of posts up) that I`ve been tempted by every 4-5 months here in town.

For 4 years now, with startling regularity, the same guitar turns up at a one local recycle shop or other. I know it`s the same guitar because of a couple of dings in the headstock, and an odd wear pattern on the tailpiece.

It`s just recently come up for sale at the local Hard-Off. Again.

Perhaps it`s haunted or something.

it`s the guitar gods tryin` to tell you something. maybe you have to start channeling.

Why don`t you play that thing and see how it feels?
                                it wasn`t me

Comment

Working...
                                X