In the year 4225, how much do you think it will cost to ship pedals from one country to another?

• Members
Shipping will be a thing of the past. We will print our own pedals.

Or teleport them so it will only be a matter of energy. A 1 lb. pedal would convert to about 10 megatons of energy! Or we won't need pedals because we'll be able to play guitar with our minds. Or we'll all be wandering bands of near-savage musicians scrounging across a post-apocalyptic wasteland, bartering for the last surviving pedals.

There's some really good replies in this thread so far. :)

I was originally thinking the same thing as El Parto - we'd just make whatever we wanted to locally by then... but then again, what DeepEnd said also struck home - we probably won't need pedals by then. Heck, short of a post-apocalypse dystopian pedal paradise where pedals are historical relics that are valued more than gold, I can't imagine any situation where pedals would be highly desired by musicians of that future era - by archaeologists and historians, sure - but not actual working musicians.

How many instruments from 2,210 years ago are still commonly used today?

Wait - drums are, aren't they? And they were around back then... That means that even far into the future, there might still be drummers.

The world is doomed! ;):p:D

PS As to the OP, shipping is either going to be a lot more expensive, a lot cheaper, or completely unnecessary for one reason or another. How's that for covering all the possible bases? ;)

• Members
. . . Heck' date=' short of a post-apocalypse dystopian pedal paradise where pedals are historical relics that are valued more than gold, I can't imagine any situation where pedals would be highly desired by musicians of that future era - by archaeologists and historians, sure - but not actual working musicians. . . .[/quote']

"Dystopian Pedal Paradise." Wow. I couldn't help thinking some variation of that like "Dystopian Paradise" would be a cool name for a band. I searched and sure enough, here they are on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/dystopianparadise. About four hours from me.

"Dystopian Pedal Paradise." Wow. I couldn't help thinking some variation of that like "Dystopian Paradise" would be a cool name for a band. I searched and sure enough, here they are on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/dystopianparadise. About four hours from me.

All the cool names are already taken. Even if you come up with something marginally cool for a band name accidentally, :idea: like "Dystopian Paradise", :o someone else will have already thought of it and named their band, album or project that. :mad:;):lol:

Due to impossible fuel costs' date=' distance will fall into disuse.[/quote']

Why do you think fuel will be more expensive then? :idk: I would imagine we would have solved the challenges of renewable energy resources by that time. The sun should certainly still be providing plenty of energy two thousand years from now... :)

• Members
All the cool names are already taken. Even if you come up with something marginally cool for a band name accidentally' date=' :idea: like "Dystopian Paradise", :o someone else will have already thought of it and named their band, album or project that. :mad:;):lol:

I see we both discovered and linked the same band. :thu: Cool.

Why do you think fuel will be more expensive then? :idk: I would imagine we would have solved the challenges of renewable energy resources by that time. The sun should certainly still be providing plenty of energy two thousand years from now... :)

But if we haven't solved the challenges, there won't be much of anything left. Sure, I'd like to think we'll have progressed to renewables; orbital solar power stations; safe, reliable fusion; etc. but nothing is certain. It may be more difficult than we think or we may not have the will to do it. To paraphrase Denny Zager, "In the year 4225, if man is still alive, If woman can survive, they may find" that the world isn't as wonderful as we might have imagined. I hope not but the possibility is there.

I imagine 4225 we will have been through at least one or two more dark ages and will be just coming back to an industrialized age. Electricity will be reinvented and no one will know what effects pedals are.

If we could figure out a way to get to 4225 we could corner the market! :idea::D

Archived