Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Do you use batteries in your pedals?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use batteries in my dirt pedals.
    We just spent $64,000 in that bar. We're going to have to get jobs, to cover up the fact that we rob banks.

Comment

2 power supplies
      Dead Soldiers

Comment

dude if my fuzz sounds better with a battery i'm gonna be pissed

Comment

power supply for my mini
          www.ChrisBedward.comYoutube

Comment

**************** yes I do.

I really try to avoid buying pedals that require a 9v power supply but don't allow you to use batteries. If I want to be "green" then I'll just run it with an adapter, but I don't need the builder to make that decision for me.

lol

Comment

**************** yes I do.

I really try to avoid buying pedals that require a 9v power supply but don't allow you to use batteries. If I want to be "green" then I'll just run it with an adapter, but I don't need the builder to make that decision for me.

If you want to put it in that context almost all products make choices for you... at least if you plan to use them.

Why can't I run my pedals off crude oil??? for the love of god... why????

No wait, i want to run my pedals off baby seal pelts... yes yes yes!!!
              Visit the Subdecay Website!Follow Subdecay on facebook & you could win a free pedal.

Comment

in my micro amp i do. the battery lasts like 12 years and if my power supply fails, i can get through a gig with just that.
                Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

All plugged into my PP2+ on my pedaltrain.
                  Seventy-Five Good Transactions Between TGP, Rig-Talk, and Harmony-Central and Counting

Comment

If I can avoid plugging something into the mains I will. I want to use less electricity not more. I bought a wind up radio a while back.

Comment

If you want to put it in that context almost all products make choices for you... at least if you plan to use them.

Why can't I run my pedals off crude oil??? for the love of god... why????

No wait, i want to run my pedals off baby seal pelts... yes yes yes!!!

this post is exactly why i can't take people like you seriously. it's a ****************ing battery. get off your high horse.
                      This MH -2 does not face the person in search of a beautiful thing such as the new article.
                      A lamp goes on and off at the time of on and off.
                      It works perfectly as much as it is surprised to be an old model.
                      As for the thing 30 years ago, it can't think of it.
                      -stagecostumejpsantabo, ebay scribe

good deals w/ Cadd99, jmgruber, onerailunder, bass_econo, hangwire, TweedBassman, letsgocoyote, bhmcc, pepperduck, Jumbo Fuzz

Comment

battery horse.
                        Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Batteries make fuzz pedals sound cool. Other than that, popping $5 for a 9V doesn't appeal to me.
                          Great deals with: brandnewzo, DylanWilde

Comment

I don't use batteries for anything but one active guitar I have, and I don't buy more than two batteries a year for it. If I could somehow plug it in, I would. I don't like batteries. I've got a few GREAT sounding fuzzes that run just fine off of a 9V, I don't buy for a second that it can't be done or that fuzzes just sound better with batteries. So mark me down for "never" w/r/t pedals, and "as little as possible" with that one guitar.

Edit: Not like I'm living a battery-free life, though. You really can't. I don't like it but what the **************** else can you do? My mouse has an internal lithium-ion, so does my cell phone, so does my e-reader, and I use 6 C-cell batteries at a time in my Vox DA5. At least the lithium rechargable devices have batteries that last a long damn time (I guess I could say the same for the Vox portable amp, it runs for friggin' ever, been at least seven months since I put batteries in it and I've played it for hours and hours on vacation or when the power's out in a storm).
                            www.WamplerPedals.com (as of Dec. 2010) Questions or comments? Contact us!
                            Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

"Agreed is like a hummingbird with a shotgun." - Aedes

Comment

I voted never. I generally always use a pedal power, the only exception is my Fuzz Factory, the battery one that guy only needs changing about every other year and I'm not going to spend $40 for a special power plate thing.
                              Originally Posted by TheHarakiriEnd

Since when are 64.567% of the threads here related to James Joyce?

mustang> noiseswash> pog2> rat> beast> mf102> dd7> fx90> hrdeluxe

want:
                              anything by -
                              4ms
                              mid-fi
                              moogerfoogers (on the cheapz)

Comment

this post is exactly why i can't take people like you seriously. it's a ****************ing battery. get off your high horse.

Just sat here where I am now I can see a TV remote, a gameboy advance, a torch, a smoke alarm, a clock, a watch and a remote control car, they all have batteries in. If I included items with rechargable batteries in it would be double that. I don't think 1 extra in my fuzz pedal is going to make much difference.

...and btw, I take all my batteries to the recycling and dispose of them correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X