Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Do you use batteries in your pedals?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of curiosity, do you ever use just one pedal, or do you always use a pedalboard?

Lately, I've been pluggin in straight into the amp, I've sold most of my pedals. I'm going to get a few new ones this week though. Then, they all get powered from my Supa Charger. Except one will need it's own power supply. I don't even think batteries is an option on this one.

Comment

Ispot power supply. It even came with a 12volt adapter for my DL-4. Fantastic Purchase.

Don't you find that the DL4 doesn't like the 1Spot? I tried it once and the delays sounded less luscious particularly on the analog settings.

But yes, never used batteries. I once contemplated it when I was just going to bring an SD-1 to a gig, but I thought I want my tuner too and rather than spend (too much) money, the whole rig went anyway.

It just makes sense. I have a multiplug on there, with two spare which is useful when on stage if amps have short leads or anything, one taken by the 1spot and the other for my DL4.

I don't understand how anyone whether their pedals are retro or brand new, if they have more than 2 or 3 why they'd bother with batteries, it makes no sense
      Pitchblack -> TOD V1 -> SD-1 -> Turbo RAT -> Fish and Chips -> DD-6 -> DL-4

Fender Telecaster Custom
      Fender Jaguar Classic Player
      Legend Telecaster (Converted to Plus)

Vox AC30CC1
      Fender Champion 600

Comment

Lately, I've been pluggin in straight into the amp, I've sold most of my pedals. I'm going to get a few new ones this week though. Then, they all get powered from my Supa Charger. Except one will need it's own power supply. I don't even think batteries is an option on this one.

I just notice that most people who swear by power supplies are also the guys who run ten or fifteen pedals, which makes sense.

I know a guy who runs just a TS between his guitar and amp. He powers it with a battery. Power supply would be overkill and a little restrictive. Sometimes when I play acoustic, I'll break out an EQ pedal or a little delay. I've played some stages where there's no power anywhere handy, which means I'd have to bring guitar, cables, pedal, power supply, and an extension cord. Seems like a lot for one effect, especially when the battery is an easy option.

Don't get me wrong- I use power supplies at least 90% of the time. If I use my M9, I go ahead and use a power supply on any other pedals since power is handy anyway. I just think that if some pedal builders just decided that they would quit adding battery compartments, they'd lose a significant amount of flexibility and functionality.
        Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro, Epiphone Les Paul Standard (for sale), Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AF75 (for sale), Alvarez Artist, Washburn Taurus, Fender Precision, Rogue MandolinAmps: Traynor YCV40WR, SWR LA12, Behringer BX3000T head/Steel Sound 2x12 bass cabPedals: Too many to list...Good deals: knives490, slufay, Jim Hunter, deadanddreaming, lank81, MickTaylorFan, jmecale72, billy budapest, melx, CRANK, Mdsmithii, juankyman

Comment

only if i'm using one or two that dont drain.but if i start gigging Power supply all the way!
          Good Deals with: Brim & hemispheres

Comment

**************** yes I do.

I really try to avoid buying pedals that require a 9v power supply but don't allow you to use batteries. If I want to be "green" then I'll just run it with an adapter, but I don't need the builder to make that decision for me.

100% this.

About the "green" thing, I bet all of these manufacturers have a car.. Well, I don't.

Good deals lonk

Comment

I don't understand how anyone whether their pedals are retro or brand new, if they have more than 2 or 3 why they'd bother with batteries, it makes no sense

Agreed. Even if you have older pedals with no DC jack, that's what battery clip adapters are for.

Heck, even if you have 2 or 3 velcro'd to a board so they can stay plugged in, you'd want to use a power supply so you wouldn't have to unplug each pedal every time.
              Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro, Epiphone Les Paul Standard (for sale), Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AF75 (for sale), Alvarez Artist, Washburn Taurus, Fender Precision, Rogue MandolinAmps: Traynor YCV40WR, SWR LA12, Behringer BX3000T head/Steel Sound 2x12 bass cabPedals: Too many to list...Good deals: knives490, slufay, Jim Hunter, deadanddreaming, lank81, MickTaylorFan, jmecale72, billy budapest, melx, CRANK, Mdsmithii, juankyman

Comment

Batteries in fuzz and one spot fer everything else.
                Well, there you have it. Something about a bum played by a Hollywood martial-arts nut who fights against a bunch of ****************************s including the government. With all that busy'in going on, let's hope in his he can find the time to slam a protein shake, work on his abs, and maybe have his way with a few 16 year old hookers.

NEU WAVE OF HAR$H GLAM:

MARCH OF THE CARPENTER ANTS MYSPACE

FREE MOTCA JAMS:

LAST.FM PROFILE

DANCE MIXES ON Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/mulattothunder

Comment

Don't you find that the DL4 doesn't like the 1Spot? I tried it once and the delays sounded less luscious particularly on the analog settings.

Ive always used my Ispot. Mainly because i dont feel like putting 4 C Batteries in it! Now im curious!

Anybody got 4 c batteries?
                  A friend of mine once said the band Animal Collective sounded like "if you locked the beach boys in a room with lots of crack and a synthesizer"

Waxed Apple!
                  : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waxed-...47519295304130

Comment

only when batteries results in better sound/response... i.e. most fuzz pedals, some dirt/boost pedals, wah.....

Comment

for fuzz
                      sounds better imo
                      __________________________________________________ _________
                      arcadesonfire:
                      And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
                      ______________________________________________ _________
                      guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
                      __________________________________________________ ______
                      Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
                      _____________________________________________ _________
                      ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

Basically Never, since I have a pedalboard w/ a PP2+ and some built in outlets for wall warts. But I do have some batteries in some pedals just in case. For what,
                        Originally Posted by christianatl

Everybody stop hurting dap99's balls.

Comment

I really try to avoid buying pedals that require a 9v power supply but don't allow you to use batteries.

I will never buy a floor effect that requires a power supply to complete a gig.

Comment

For the record, I HATE batteries. I only use them when I absolutely have to, which is once in a while. Using batteries means that I have to remove them when not in use, otherwise they inevitably drain out or explode - terribly wasteful, toxic pieces of ****************.

Many of my vintage EHX pedals did not have a jack for an adaptor, but I purchased a bunch of onespot converters that allow for a 9v power supply.

The only pedals I have that sound better with a battery are my EHX Germanium OD, and my vintage Soul Preacher.

Comment

I put occasionally, because in the 8 years and 3 moves between using my pedals the adapters disappeared. One of the new to me pedals I just got has an adapter, so I use that one atm.

I don't really have a "pedal board" yet as I'm still working on ya know, being able to play anything at all.
                              Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                              Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

No, it's a hassle and a waste of money + more garbage to throw away.

samesies plus it's more maintenance
                                FT: ZVEX Distortron, Barber Tonepress
                                WANT: Anything Catalinbread

Comment

Working...
                                X