Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Do you use batteries in your pedals?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Do you use batteries in your pedals?

This is coming over from that "grinds my gears" thread.
    Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro, Epiphone Les Paul Standard (for sale), Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AF75 (for sale), Alvarez Artist, Washburn Taurus, Fender Precision, Rogue MandolinAmps: Traynor YCV40WR, SWR LA12, Behringer BX3000T head/Steel Sound 2x12 bass cabPedals: Too many to list...Good deals: knives490, slufay, Jim Hunter, deadanddreaming, lank81, MickTaylorFan, jmecale72, billy budapest, melx, CRANK, Mdsmithii, juankyman

**************** yes I do.

I really try to avoid buying pedals that require a 9v power supply but don't allow you to use batteries. If I want to be "green" then I'll just run it with an adapter, but I don't need the builder to make that decision for me.
    This MH -2 does not face the person in search of a beautiful thing such as the new article.
    A lamp goes on and off at the time of on and off.
    It works perfectly as much as it is surprised to be an old model.
    As for the thing 30 years ago, it can't think of it.
    -stagecostumejpsantabo, ebay scribe

good deals w/ Cadd99, jmgruber, onerailunder, bass_econo, hangwire, TweedBassman, letsgocoyote, bhmcc, pepperduck, Jumbo Fuzz

Comment

Always use batteries in my fuzz and wah

Comment

ha ha. I'm about half and half.

Comment

I use an adapter 99% of the time. Occasionally I'll use a tuner with batteries if I don't feel like plugging in my pedalboard, or if I'm playing a gig where I only need a tuner or something, but other than that, it's always adapters.
          Blakemore Effects (I now sell Dr. Scientist and DMB pedals in addition to my own.)
          My pedal company.
          Facebook page for Blakemore Effects

Comment

I really try to avoid buying pedals that require a 9v power supply but don't allow you to use batteries. If I want to be "green" then I'll just run it with an adapter, but I don't need the builder to make that decision for me.

The only one that I even own is the MXR 10 band EQ.

I've got pedals that are velcro'd to my board, and they will stay plugged in. I also have pedals that I use off the board, and if I'm using only one or two pedals, I generally use the batteries.
            Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro, Epiphone Les Paul Standard (for sale), Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AF75 (for sale), Alvarez Artist, Washburn Taurus, Fender Precision, Rogue MandolinAmps: Traynor YCV40WR, SWR LA12, Behringer BX3000T head/Steel Sound 2x12 bass cabPedals: Too many to list...Good deals: knives490, slufay, Jim Hunter, deadanddreaming, lank81, MickTaylorFan, jmecale72, billy budapest, melx, CRANK, Mdsmithii, juankyman

Comment

No, it's a hassle and a waste of money + more garbage to throw away.
              we could be dangerous: art, as a real threat

Comment

nerp
                God is love, and love is real.

Good deals with: Lonely Tourist, nendejan, johnrambo, juice

Comment

Never. I like pedal builders that have made a stand on it too, good for them.

Comment

Lately since my 'board' is so small, I've been using dirt with batteries
                    Its first in my chain, I only use one at a time = can unplug to save battery easily, reduces wiring annoyance when switching dirt
                    Other than that, no thanks
                    Jbrazz (lol)

Comment

Nope. I have a lot of power-hungry digital pedals and the majority of my pedals don't take batteries anyway.
                      broke my hand on a pineapple… didn't even care

Comment

Never. I like pedal builders that have made a stand on it too, good for them.

Just out of curiosity, do you ever use just one pedal, or do you always use a pedalboard?

Comment

I used batteries when i had just my PT100, SD-1 and DL-4.Then i bought a couple more pedals. I realized i was spending more than i wanted to on batteries so i went out and bought a cheap $30 Ispot power supply. It even came with a 12volt adapter for my DL-4. Fantastic Purchase.

Besides its not like putting in vintage batteries makes is sound better!
                          A friend of mine once said the band Animal Collective sounded like "if you locked the beach boys in a room with lots of crack and a synthesizer"

Waxed Apple!
                          : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waxed-...47519295304130

Comment

We don't need no stinkin batteries
                            Originally Posted by EL KABONG

On Mayers playing... I think he is writing to try and impress the wrong kind of chicks. He is writing to impress the Jennifer Anniston, Paris Hilton crowd. Anniston thinks his music is seriously "intense" so its working. If you think about it we're all just trying to impress the chicks. I think I write or play to impress the hot cool hippy chicks not mega millionaires actresses, thats why he sounds plastic.

Comment

I mostly use a power supply except for a couple of pedals like my old MXR Phase 90 which only takes batteries. I also use a battery in my germanium fuzz pedal although it does have a power jack.
                              ~ Fear is your only god ~

Comment

Working...
                              X