Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitchblack or Hardwire Tuner?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has any one actually tried the hardwire? i've never seen anyone using it before.
    Originally Posted by ToneClone89

In America we use intercourse to express approval.

So, I approve.

Comment

has any one actually tried the hardwire? i've never seen anyone using it before.

Yep. I use it regularly. I comes to my acoustic and electric shows. My only beef is its size and weight. I can see why the Pitchblack would have appeal when compared.
      Disclosure: I have mutual agreements with PRS, Smitty Custom Guitars, HIWATT UK, Laney Amplification, Providence, Free The Tone, Lava Cables, Voodoo Lab and several dozen pedal companies whom I've bartered videos-for-pedals with.
      Youtube channels 1 & 2.

Comment

papersun, whose tuner is that in the pic?
        GOOD People to deal with : PunkKitty, LostGoonie,Cratz2,Albala, Ball&Chain,

Comment

so you are going to replace a tuner with a buffer for a tuner without and then buy a MI Audio B&B to just use bypassed as a buffer? I don't follow your logic here...

I see your point. My main reason for selling the TU-2, is that I have had some issue with how the buffer in it interacts with some fuzz I have. Not sure it's the culprit, but pretty sure.

I want the Boost n Buff because a)I want a standalone booster pedal, and it seems awesome for the price b) it has a good buffer as opposed to a bad one, so there's that. I'm not getting the BnB just because it's a buffer, that's kind of an icing on the cake thing.

Comment

Home player = your Boss tuner is more than fine.

Yes, normally I would agree. Ive tuned with a pitchpipe before. But as I mentioned, the buffer in it, has sometimes messed with my fuzzface pedals, not exactly sure why. Ive heard the TU-3 has a significantly better buffer in it, so that my also be a good solution. But then if I decide to still get the Boost N Buff, I would have 2 buffers, and not sure I need that. Maybe have one at the beginning of the chain, one at the end. But I won't have more than 7-8 pedals from now on.

Comment

Yep. I use it regularly. I comes to my acoustic and electric shows. My only beef is its size and weight. I can see why the Pitchblack would have appeal when compared.

Yeah, there's that. I think highly of the Hardwire series, but they are beefy pedals for sure.

Comment

papersun, whose tuner is that in the pic?

Pewaves JPT-10. http://www.pewaves.com/products/Guitar%20Pedals/JPT-10 or http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=pewaves+t uner&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Same specs as the Pitchblack. I was concerned about reliability with it being so cheap but I've had it three years now.
                Phil O'Keefe wrote:You can never have enough cheese, son. Write that down.gear.

Comment

Is there typical ratio of pedals and buffers you should have? I got 6 pedals on my board all true-bypass.

Comment

I see your point. My main reason for selling the TU-2, is that I have had some issue with how the buffer in it interacts with some fuzz I have. Not sure it's the culprit, but pretty sure.

I want the Boost n Buff because a)I want a standalone booster pedal, and it seems awesome for the price b) it has a good buffer as opposed to a bad one, so there's that. I'm not getting the BnB just because it's a buffer, that's kind of an icing on the cake thing.

ah, I see.... seems a good idea.

although saying that I really dislike my Pitchblack, as soon as I can afford something else it's going. It's works fine but I just hate it!

Comment

ah, I see.... seems a good idea.

although saying that I really dislike my Pitchblack, as soon as I can afford something else it's going. It's works fine but I just hate it!

What about it do you not like? I've never been sold on it for some reason. Seems a little toy like? The Hardwire is a tank, the Polytune seems pretty slick, although user reviews seem a mixed bag.

Comment

What about it do you not like? I've never been sold on it for some reason. Seems a little toy like? The Hardwire is a tank, the Polytune seems pretty slick, although user reviews seem a mixed bag.

Firstly exactly that... it is toy like, it's very light, the bottom is made of plastic, it has those plastic jacks with the 'pretend' nuts and it just feels very cheaply made compared to the DT-10 or TU-2, I also hate the fact I can't choose if I want it to mute the signal, it's on, it's muted... no choice. I just don't like it much, like I said... it tunes fine, but as soon as I have the money I'm getting a TU-3 and getting rid of this... I'm not over keen on the display either to be honest, it just doesn't feel like it will last very long.. although I may be proved wrong on that.

Comment

Korg Pitchblack
                          "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Firstly exactly that... it is toy like, it's very light, the bottom is made of plastic, it has those plastic jacks with the 'pretend' nuts and it just feels very cheaply made compared to the DT-10 or TU-2, I also hate the fact I can't choose if I want it to mute the signal, it's on, it's muted... no choice. I just don't like it much, like I said... it tunes fine, but as soon as I have the money I'm getting a TU-3 and getting rid of this... I'm not over keen on the display either to be honest, it just doesn't feel like it will last very long.. although I may be proved wrong on that.

I can see where this makes sense. If I was gigging much I would defiantly go with boss tuner. For a bedroom wanker like my self the PB gets it done.

Comment

I downloaded the Polytune app for iphone when it was free - works well enough that I am actually considering buying the pedal.
                              Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

put tu-2 at end of chain??
                                YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

Working...
                                X