Pitchblack or Hardwire Tuner?

IRG

• Members

What about it do you not like? I've never been sold on it for some reason. Seems a little toy like? The Hardwire is a tank, the Polytune seems pretty slick, although user reviews seem a mixed bag.

Firstly exactly that... it is toy like, it's very light, the bottom is made of plastic, it has those plastic jacks with the 'pretend' nuts and it just feels very cheaply made compared to the DT-10 or TU-2, I also hate the fact I can't choose if I want it to mute the signal, it's on, it's muted... no choice. I just don't like it much, like I said... it tunes fine, but as soon as I have the money I'm getting a TU-3 and getting rid of this... I'm not over keen on the display either to be honest, it just doesn't feel like it will last very long.. although I may be proved wrong on that.

• Members

Firstly exactly that... it
is
toy like, it's very light, the bottom is made of plastic, it has those plastic jacks with the 'pretend' nuts and it just feels very cheaply made compared to the DT-10 or TU-2, I also hate the fact I can't choose if I want it to mute the signal, it's on, it's muted... no choice. I just don't like it much, like I said... it tunes fine, but as soon as I have the money I'm getting a TU-3 and getting rid of this... I'm not over keen on the display either to be honest, it just doesn't feel like it will last very long.. although I may be proved wrong on that.

I can see where this makes sense. If I was gigging much I would defiantly go with boss tuner. For a bedroom wanker like my self the PB gets it done.

• Members
I seriously vouch for the polytune. I just got into a car accident, and it was hanging out in the backseat. Powered on today without a scratch
:idk:

Maybe a new Marketing campaign slogan for TC ELectronics? :cool:

• Members

So I tried my fuzz face tonight with the TU2 in front of it, and then completely removed from the chain. Actually sounded better with it in front. Only other pedal is a Cathedral, Hardwire SC-2 and a EB Vol Jr. Sounded better with all four, than just the fuzz on its own. I almost think something is going on with the fuzz itself, just seemed to lose a lot of high end tonight. Weather related? But it's a BC108 chip in it, so I doubt that's an issue.

• Members

No problems with the Pitchblack myself and I much prefer it to the TU-2.

^this.

Also, IMHO, it's a tank. So whomever may say it is toy-like, I'd say they may be more interested in UFC than playing guitar. I got mine for $70 shipped new on eBay with a free patch cable about 2.5 years ago or so. I don't know if there's a different model that I don't know about, but I feel like my Pitchblack is sturdier than my TU-2 was. Plus its smaller and sleeker.

Good luck on the decision!

Archived