No announcement yet.

Reverb Pedals vs Amp Reverb

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb Pedals vs Amp Reverb

I really like the reverb tank on my AC30, and I have a reverb pedal but it's a ****************ty Behringer and I'm sick of it, sounds fake in every setting.

Anyone got any recommendations, or do they think I should just rid myself of the pedal and roll along with the AC30's? I'm not doing anything especially weird or heavy with it.
    Pitchblack -> TOD V1 -> SD-1 -> Turbo RAT -> Fish and Chips -> DD-6 -> DL-4

Fender Telecaster Custom
    Fender Jaguar Classic Player
    Legend Telecaster (Converted to Plus)

Vox AC30CC1
    Fender Champion 600

a spring in an amp [or pedal/outboard with actual springs] to me always is better because of the reactive nature with tremolo picking Dick Dale style stuff...

if you just want ambient stuff, a pedal has it's advantages...
    FOR SALEBruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer

Comment

For spring reverb, amp all the way. Love my Ampeg's reverb.

For any other reverb, pedal.

Comment

If you're a big reverb guy then the pedal route will give you more options and versatility.
        Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses

i'll have you bounced off of this site.

Originally Posted by Echoes

I say this all the time....today's 'liberals' are small minded 'trolls' ....scumbag immoral low life thieves really...

Originally Posted by John Ellis

While you're here, can I ask why you haven't dealt with the thread claiming that I and several others here are sponsors of terror?

Comment

If you're looking for the most 'natural' sounding reverb, you're not gonna beat the amp circuit. But I also use a Spring Chicken for really trashy **************** because it holds together way better than the amp does if the reverb is cranked.

Right tool for the job and all that.

Comment

If you're looking for the most 'natural' sounding reverb, you're not gonna beat the amp circuit. But I also use a Spring Chicken for really trashy **************** because it holds together way better than the amp does if the reverb is cranked.

Right tool for the job and all that.

I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

I friggin lurve that pedal - it does trashy garage reverb better than a vintage 6G15 or Premier.

Comment

Spring Chicken all the way

Good Deals: andrewemmel, Senor Limpio

Comment

Pedal. The reverb on my AC30 doesn't get as wet as I'd like.
                  FS/FT:
                  Tech 21 Ripper Bass Fuzz - $90
                  M-Audio Axiom 49 Midi Controller - $160

Good deals with: Agreed, fuzzball, brandnewzo, leer43, stratedge09, tattoedsailor, Crxsh, chrisjnyc, tb_308, MadMax808, OnWingsOfLead, justdrum, orangekick

last.fm

Comment

i think the chicklet is the best reverb pedal i have ever heard.

that being said, i cant get over how amazing the blues jr reverb is.
                    Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Depends.

I like my reverb to be huge, lush, and anything but subtle. So out of the reverbs that I've owned, I preferred these 3 the absolute best:
                      RRR, Blue Sky, Holy Grail.

The Holy Grail had a really thick sound, and was perfect for my ambient/drone-ish stuff I was doing.

The RRR just flat-out sounded the best of the 3. ... natural, organic; didn't sound digital and/or metallic. But I only really made use out of Hall mode 1... and I wanted a bit more versatility - modulation, shimmer, maybe presets...

The BSR, while not sounding as natural or organic as the RRR, gave me exactly what the RRR didn't - another preset, more control over the decay, modulation... and I'm loving the shimmer; gives me a new sound I never really had.
                      Guitars. Pedals. Amps.
                      deals: bradino, neatobassman, Used666, juri, echodeluxe, aporcelainsky, Crxsh, -Andrew-, notjonahbutnoah... and lotz moar

Comment

The right tool for the right job. I've got a great spring reverb built into my amp (Fender Twin Reverb), but it can't do 'plate', 'hall', 'catherderal', etc. I have a pedal for those, and use both depending on the situation.
                        Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

VanAmps Sole-Mate
                          T-Rex Tonebug Reverb
                          -Ming Pau Moe

Great Deals/References

Comment

Nice recommendations.

What do people think of the RV-3 then? I just fancy something a bit different reverb wise, and my experience with a few pedals (Verbzilla, my own crappy Behringer one and a couple of others) have been negative

I'm kinda looking for a pedal for the sake of a pedal because I'm not sure what I want the reverb pedal to be doing differently yet. Although I do know I hate plate reverb.
                            Pitchblack -> TOD V1 -> SD-1 -> Turbo RAT -> Fish and Chips -> DD-6 -> DL-4

Fender Telecaster Custom
                            Fender Jaguar Classic Player
                            Legend Telecaster (Converted to Plus)

Vox AC30CC1
                            Fender Champion 600

Comment

Although I do know I hate plate reverb.

Then avoid the RV-3, because plate is its strength. I thought the other reverbs on the RV-3 were pretty unpleasant to my ears.

Comment

Working...
                              X