New ("Modern") Fender Marauder?

Jet Age Eric

• Members

I was assuming it's kinda like (and hoping it's better than) a Duncan P-Rail, but maybe that doesn't make any sense.

It pretty much is their take on the P-Rails.

1st two rails closest to the bridge is a 'bucker, and the furthest away (closer to neck) s a single coil.

xl_2_0241400502.jpg

• Members

The triplebucker looks kinda dumb, but I'm interested in what it sounds like.

Well, I have my strat set up with three coils right next to each other for the bridge. All in series they sound really freaking awesome.

• Members

[video=youtube;bZItS1PBaAQ]

I actually find myself quite liking the body shape. This guy's instrument looks to be a replica of the original, but I assume the shape is the same, and it happens to be the same color.

Honestly, for the price Fender is offering it, I think it'd be tough for me to resist.

• Members

+1

Nice! Thanks! Not sure the three pups in a row would be preferable to neck and HB, but ... -E

Well, now you get a REAL humbucker & REAL single coil tone, as aposed to a humbucker/split 'bucker tone for a single coil tone.

I would deff take this triple (geniun single coil tone) over a split humbucker tone anyday !

• Members

Well, now you get a REAL humbucker & REAL single coil tone, as aposed to a humbucker/split 'bucker tone for a single coil tone.

I would deff take this triple (geniun single coil tone) over a split humbucker tone anyday !

But the triplebucker on the Marauder isn't exactly three normal-sized coils together either, so I wonder whether it'll actually be any better than a split HB :idk:

FWIW, the wiring diagram makes it look like essentially a squashed-together HSS layout. All the versatility of that setup without the not-terribly-cool look of it?

• Members

I'm just referring to wiring the combos--I'd prefer neck/single bridge to triplebucker in series. I agree a real single coil is preferrable, and I'm interested in hearing it given its placement on the body. -E

Archived