Alternative to EH Micro Pog?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to EH Micro Pog?

Hi,

Is there another pedal to create a good 12-string effect that is true bypass and cheaper? I don't need the lower octave, only the upper one.

Thank your for your time.

Z Vex Jonny Octave?

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. However the Z Vex sounds more like a ring mod. and does not seem to be polyphonic.

I'm not looking for a fuzz effect to be added to the octave sound, only an octave sound as close as possible to the dry sound of the guitar.

Comment

POG2 or POG, not much else out there that can pull off the polyphonic octave thing as smoothly as those pedals.

Maybe the Ring Thing as well.....
        Originally Posted by conky

I wanna take that rig behind Zaxby's and get it pregnant.

Comment

Boss PS-6? It's poly and Phil did an in depth review a few months back so maybe he can shed more light on it :]

:edit: nevermind, not true bypass
          Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

If your only interested in the 12 string effect I can get it pretty good with a Small Clone chorus and a DOD compressor.
            Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

Holy Schnikes, I'd have said the ring thing but I believe it's buffered and more expensive, which kinda rules it out.
              Originally Posted by telephant

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;
              http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

Comment

Black Cat makes some polyphonic octave pedals - one has chorus too I think, so that might come in handy for the 12 string sound. Not sure on the price though.

Edit - it's not Black Cat. I can't think of the companies name though - I'm pretty sure it's a European company and all/most of the pedals are gold
                Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

Zcat
                  Good deals with: Snufkino, IVIARK, joshp13589, MPH, Hides-His-Eyes, robw, ChuckNorris1982, HeartfeltDawn, Woolyh, SimplyBen, Astatine, Chugs, JDE, Gambit, theboywho

Comment

Yep, that's it.
                    Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

not really.

Comment

Exar Octavium?
                        - ChadEndorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals

Comment

the tracking on the boss PS series isn't as good as the POG series, which is nearly flawless. they both have an obviously digital tone but sometimes the boss ones glitch in a pleasant way. generally, the POGs sound synthier while the boss PS are more tinny and plonky.

the eventide pitchfactor has the most pleasant sounding octave up but it's overpriced.
                          good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

Originally Posted by Naterel

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
                          soundcloud
                          facebook

Comment

Exar Octavium?

Not polyphonic..

Comment

i'd say the micropog is your best choice...you can find one used for about $130-140 sometimes.

or pony up for an m5
                              YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

Working...
                              X