Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's one with slightly different graphics and front panel mounted I/O on Ebay now for about $470 BIN. 220V though. You'd need to use a transformer with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110869428823+

There's a couple of nice pictures over on Bart's site - you can really see the guts clearly. AC powered. Might be moddable, but you'd need a new transformer... easier just to use an external one. Looks like dual inputs on one side - marked 600 L and 50K H, and a 50K "line input" on the second. I don't know how many people will want one to run a mic straight into it, but it would seem capable of doing so, assuming you use a dynamic mic and not a condenser - at least not unless the condenser uses an internal battery / external power supply instead of relying on phantom - which this pedal obviously doesn't supply. Probably better to feed it a signal off an aux send from your board or DAW, or as a guitar / amp effect.

It sounds kind of cool. Definitely a spring 'verb! Seems like it might overload fairly easily.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

EDIT: I had a Beavis and Butthead styled laugh when I read "power jack hole" on the PGS page.

Ahahaha me too

Comment

Upgraded pots : never had a problem with the old ones
        Upgraded switch : good call... the chicklet will pop when you turn it on
        Enlarged power jack hole : uhh

BTW, it's also supposed to be quieter and have a wider reverb bandwidth - IOW, they supposedly made it sound even better than the Chicklet. We shall see. I don't have a Spring Chicken, so I can't compare that, but I do have a Chicklet, so I may be able to do a side-by-side of the two of them.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

PGS did the best in promotion - but it is also kind of poor... not for PGS ;P

i am done with Malekko ...after all the 919 talk and my Echo600B disaster
          Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

Whoa, End of the Night by The Doors.

Sweet.
              I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

I have owned several Malekko pedals: the Trem and three 616's. Why did I own three? Because they always held their resale value, so I collected them when I found them at a good price. All excellent in sound quality and build quality.
                - ChadEndorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals

Comment

Looks like it only has a reverb driver circuit and no BBDs, so the "echo" could be name alone, as there is only input gain controls and a mix control labelled "echo".

yes, some of the old 70s units that are mij do say echo. so its a little lanilei like deal. psychedelic? like brash is probably the better term. japan still has alot of old spring reverb units from the 70s/80s and theyre still really cheap. I have 2 right here..
                  OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

OK, well mine came yesterday. I'll just paste what I wrote over at TGP earlier:

I got mine yesterday. At first I was excited, then disappointed...

I have not played a Spring Chicken but I have a Chicklet that I A/Bed it with. Here are my observations.

As far as basic stuff, the switch definitely pops less and the power adapter hole is slightly larger than the Chicklet.

I like the sound of the reverb decay better on the Spring when you play something staccato, listening to the reverb decay alone. It has a less pronounced pre-delay than the Chicklet, and a little less "bouncy" of a spring sound, more smooth.

That said, I think my original notes sound more clear with the Chicklet while playing a passage with reverb in the background, whereas the dry melds into the wet more with the Spring. I might actually like the Chicklet tone better for that reason.

Now here is the kicker...the Spring is supposed to be lower noise, but the one I got is actually SIGNIFICANTLY noisier than my Chicklet. With the mix at noon, I can hear a distinct wash of background noise with the Spring that is not present on the Chicklet. With the mix maxed out, it is even louder. Even at noon it is loud enough to be a nuisance when playing alone.

Comment

have you tried different power supply setups re: the noise issue?
                      I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

I am waiting for the Malekko Oil Can Echo to come out.

Comment

I am waiting for the Malekko Oil Can Echo to come out.

Is this real?

Comment

No. I just don't see Malekko being able to squeeze one of these...

...into a 1590A enclosure. But it makes for light comedy to ponder it.

Comment

have you tried different power supply setups re: the noise issue?

I did, yes. I tried them both in various ways...daisy chained with a 1-Spot, separately with a 1-Spot, together and separately with my Fuel Tank Junior, all with the same results.

Comment

No. I just don't see Malekko being able to squeeze one of these...

...into a 1590A enclosure. But it makes for light comedy to ponder it.

heh. Shoot, I'd buy an accurate emulation were one to exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X