• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound City

Looks interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoOfiLz1G4

Will probably see at Sundance.
    Originally Posted by knobs.

what i really want to do is legally **************** his ass, i know it'll probably be a pretty long procedure but it's going to be worth it.

Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

Pardon my french, but whomever it was who started this and thought it would be "funny" is an ****************************.

My band: Nine Worlds

Spam: Nada
    Trade References

Comment

from director dave grohl?
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk
        View Post

from director dave grohl?

not the foofighters singer

probably the former nirvana drummer. i wonder what that guys been doing all these years?
        Near Grey

Comment

Thought it was gonna be about sound city amps....

Seems worth watching though.
          Decolonize

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe
            View Post

Thought it was gonna be about sound city amps....

Seems worth watching though.

+1
            MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

Looks great!
              He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

Looks very interesting, I'll definitely pick it up whenever it's released.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwatt Bob
                  View Post

+1

speaking of which; have you played or owned a Sound City amp? thoughts in terms of it comparing to a Hiwatt???
                  Decolonize

Comment

View Post

speaking of which; have you played or owned a Sound City amp? thoughts in terms of it comparing to a Hiwatt???

I've played a couple. a PA head that was relatively hiwatt-ish tonewise, but it was hard to really tell in the store. The other was a ONe Hundred--which I believe was built by David Reeves, it was basically the same as the CP103 that Townshend used. Really cool amp.
                    MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

sweet. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled.
                      Decolonize

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21HMfibt7ME

Comment

I was listening to the classic rock station in Orlando yesterdy and caught the beginning of this broadcast. I was bummed that I couldn't sit through it all, but I will this weekend.

Comment

I think pretty much anything Dave Grohl touches is worth checking out, he always puts so much energy and passion in to what he does. Plus, I love his philosophy on music that it should be played by people and it doesn't matter if you don't sound perfect all the time. I will always support DG.
                            Good Transactions with: kismet78 (x3) // Dap99 // 22Tape // rdawk // T ned // Crxshdxmmy // placebo62 // thebazaar // Used666 // RDM // hivedestruction // gummodlx // elicious // Scarlet Theory // xtoby44x // claytonjohn18

Comment

View Post

L100

Very much like Hiwatt. THE Sound City but hard to find and getting up there in price.

50+

Similar to Hiwatt. Very good amp and still reasonably inexpensive.

L120

Not very Hiwatt like. Active tone controls. Big, loud and clean for the most part. Beast of a power section (6 x EL34's ).

Massive iron

My old L120 halfstack

I used to get some really good crunch from it with the channels jumpered and turned up to 6 or better. You had to run the tone controls high to get it cooking because of the fact that they are active.

Gear Clip Page:
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/Riffraff12571?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                              X