Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good fuzz face clone... suggestions?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good fuzz face clone... suggestions?

Looking for a fuzz face clone... what would I look at? Anything I should stay away from?
    Good Transactions with: kismet78 (x3) // Dap99 // 22Tape // rdawk // T ned // Crxshdxmmy // placebo62 // thebazaar // Used666 // RDM // hivedestruction // gummodlx // elicious // Scarlet Theory // xtoby44x // claytonjohn18

Stu, get yourself one of the new mini Fuzz Faces! The little Hendrix one is adorable, I want it myself.
    Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Stubacca
      Stubacca commented
      Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:
      Stu, get yourself one of the new mini Fuzz Faces! The little Hendrix one is adorable, I want it myself.

I love that you used "adorable" to describe a pedal... still a TVD fanboi!!

• imbuedblue
      imbuedblue commented
      Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:

This. Dunlop has been getting things right lately.

Stu, what amp are you running? I tend to prefer germanium through Fenders and Voxes, and silicon through Marshalls, but that changes depending on my mood. Germanium tends to be smoother and more overdrivey, whilst silicon can be more agressive and spitty.

If the fuzz doesn't clean up when you back off the volume, then the builder is doing it wrong. This goes for both Ge and Si versions.

it's just a lil lil guy
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

:catsad:
      nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

I'm with Tom. Get a baby face.

Comment

Euthymia Electronics Crucible Fuzz.
          Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

• Stubacca
            Stubacca commented
            Editing a comment

echodeluxe wrote:
            Euthymia Electronics Crucible Fuzz.

Have you played this one Echo? Very few good youtube demos of this...

Monsterpiece all the way.

Comment

• jhamnett
            jhamnett commented
            Editing a comment

cryptosonic wrote:

Monsterpiece all the way.

This. All the way.

I have played it. The builder lives near me, he's a friend of mine.

There's a silicon or germanium version.
          Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

I have a Mosterpiece NPN as my silicon FF and an EQD Dream Crusher for germanium. Both are amazing pedals.

Good Deals with: BlueBirdAAA, brandnewzo, Metlupass2, mrclean77, solewheelin, clund, insubordination, chuckmehh, murch33

Comment

• Stubacca
              Stubacca commented
              Editing a comment

Jnichols2727 wrote:

I have a Mosterpiece NPN as my silicon FF and an EQD Dream Crusher for germanium. Both are amazing pedals.

Do you like one over the other?

how is the keeley fuzz head?

Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

• Stubacca
              Stubacca commented
              Editing a comment

spoonie g wrote:

how is the keeley fuzz head?

I wondered this myself...

...or the MI Audio Neo, for that matter.

Comment

• poolshark
              poolshark commented
              Editing a comment

I've got a DingoTone GHF on the way, and I'm pretty stoked. No experience with it, but their Classic 70s Fuzz is a handbuilt Si fuzz for ~$75 shipped. Which is pretty f'n good.

• macadood
              macadood commented
              Editing a comment

yea the fuzz face minis look cool.

personally i would get a Wilson effects Stoned Grasshopper, but the original graphics version. it looks so nice and sounds so nice plus gives you a nice Tubescreamer type drive AND a clean boost that i think has a buffer/line driver in it.

the new wilson graphics for the grasshopper are flat out hideous compared to the original simplistic sparkly cummy awesome grasshopper one. one of my favorite designs ever, and super neat pedal.

Try the Mojo Hand FX Crosstown. It's my favorite FF type pedal to date. It's a hybrid, and has some useful additions to the original FF circuit that make it a lot more flexible IMO.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Fuzz factory, fuzz probe. Fuzz face tones and moar....lots lots more.
              facebook.com/TheSpiritAnimalshttp://thespiritanimals.bandcamp.com/GOOD DEALS: Iamtehcure, succor, juri, conky

Comment

• Stubacca
                Stubacca commented
                Editing a comment

trainbridge wrote:
                Fuzz factory, fuzz probe. Fuzz face tones and moar....lots lots more.

I do regret getting rid of my Fuzz Factory... maybe again soon?

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

Try the Mojo Hand FX Crosstown. It's my favorite FF type pedal to date. It's a hybrid, and has some useful additions to the original FF circuit that make it a lot more flexible IMO.

Thanks Phil, I was looking at this and the extra tweakability is a draw for sure. Do you have any experience with the BYOC ESV fuzz or the Jam Pedals Fuzz Phrase? These two are also peaking my interest.

Yeah the new mini dunlop seems like a winner to me....

Comment

My vote goes towards the Analogman Sun Face. It truly is an awesome fuzz face!

Comment

• Stubacca
                  Stubacca commented
                  Editing a comment

steelerboy329 wrote:
                  My vote goes towards the Analogman Sun Face. It truly is an awesome fuzz face!

Strongly leaning towards this!

Working...
              X