Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Looking for a good fuzz face clone... suggestions?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good fuzz face clone... suggestions?

Looking for a fuzz face clone... what would I look at? Anything I should stay away from?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Good Transactions with: kismet78 <font color="Red">(x3)</font> // Dap99 // 22Tape // rdawk // T ned // Crxshdxmmy // placebo62 // thebazaar // Used666 // RDM // hivedestruction // gummodlx // elicious // Scarlet Theory // xtoby44x // claytonjohn18</div>

Stu, get yourself one of the new mini Fuzz Faces! The little Hendrix one is adorable, I want it myself.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• Stubacca
      Stubacca commented
      Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:
      Stu, get yourself one of the new mini Fuzz Faces! The little Hendrix one is adorable, I want it myself.

I love that you used "adorable" to describe a pedal... still a TVD fanboi!!

• imbuedblue
      imbuedblue commented
      Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:

This. Dunlop has been getting things right lately.

Stu, what amp are you running? I tend to prefer germanium through Fenders and Voxes, and silicon through Marshalls, but that changes depending on my mood. Germanium tends to be smoother and more overdrivey, whilst silicon can be more agressive and spitty.

If the fuzz doesn't clean up when you back off the volume, then the builder is doing it wrong. This goes for both Ge and Si versions.

it's just a lil lil guy
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

:catsad:
      nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

I'm with Tom. Get a baby face.

Comment

Euthymia Electronics Crucible Fuzz.
          Test Tech Wattson Classic Electronics<br><br>EL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

• Stubacca
            Stubacca commented
            Editing a comment

echodeluxe wrote:
            Euthymia Electronics Crucible Fuzz.

Have you played this one Echo? Very few good youtube demos of this...

Monsterpiece all the way.

Comment

• jhamnett
            jhamnett commented
            Editing a comment

cryptosonic wrote:

Monsterpiece all the way.

This. All the way.

I have played it. The builder lives near me, he's a friend of mine.

There's a silicon or germanium version.
          Test Tech Wattson Classic Electronics<br><br>EL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

I have a Mosterpiece NPN as my silicon FF and an EQD Dream Crusher for germanium. Both are amazing pedals.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Good Deals with: BlueBirdAAA, brandnewzo, Metlupass2, mrclean77, solewheelin, clund, insubordination, chuckmehh, murch33</div>

Comment

• Stubacca
              Stubacca commented
              Editing a comment

Jnichols2727 wrote:

I have a Mosterpiece NPN as my silicon FF and an EQD Dream Crusher for germanium. Both are amazing pedals.

Do you like one over the other?

how is the keeley fuzz head?

<div class="signaturecontainer">Formerly known as Spoonie G.<br />
            <br />
            <div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px">
            <div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px; width:852; height:26">
            <input class="button" type="button" value="Show Spoiler" style="font-size:12px;marginpx;paddingpx;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(' div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show Spoiler'; }">
            </div>
            <div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;">
            <div style="display: none;">
            <a href="http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg" target="_blank">http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg</a>
            </div>
            </div>
            </div></div>

Comment

• Stubacca
              Stubacca commented
              Editing a comment

spoonie g wrote:

how is the keeley fuzz head?

I wondered this myself...

...or the MI Audio Neo, for that matter.

<br />
            <input class="button" type="button" value="Show Spoiler" style="font-size:12px;marginpx;paddingpx;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(' div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show Spoiler'; }">
            </div>
            <a href="http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg" target="_blank">http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg</a>
            </div>
            </div>
            </div></div>

Comment

• poolshark
              poolshark commented
              Editing a comment

I've got a DingoTone GHF on the way, and I'm pretty stoked. No experience with it, but their Classic 70s Fuzz is a handbuilt Si fuzz for ~$75 shipped. Which is pretty f'n good.

• macadood
              macadood commented
              Editing a comment

yea the fuzz face minis look cool.

personally i would get a Wilson effects Stoned Grasshopper, but the original graphics version. it looks so nice and sounds so nice plus gives you a nice Tubescreamer type drive AND a clean boost that i think has a buffer/line driver in it.

the new wilson graphics for the grasshopper are flat out hideous compared to the original simplistic sparkly cummy awesome grasshopper one. one of my favorite designs ever, and super neat pedal.

Try the Mojo Hand FX Crosstown. It's my favorite FF type pedal to date. It's a hybrid, and has some useful additions to the original FF circuit that make it a lot more flexible IMO.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Fuzz factory, fuzz probe. Fuzz face tones and moar....lots lots more.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a target="_blank" href="http://facebook.com/TheSpiritAnimals">facebook.com/TheSpiritAnimals</a><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://thespiritanimals.bandcamp.com/">http://thespiritanimals.bandcamp.com/</a><br><br><br><br><b>GOOD DEALS:</b> Iamtehcure, succor, juri, conky</div>

Comment

• Stubacca
                Stubacca commented
                Editing a comment

trainbridge wrote:
                Fuzz factory, fuzz probe. Fuzz face tones and moar....lots lots more.

I do regret getting rid of my Fuzz Factory... maybe again soon?

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

Try the Mojo Hand FX Crosstown. It's my favorite FF type pedal to date. It's a hybrid, and has some useful additions to the original FF circuit that make it a lot more flexible IMO.

Thanks Phil, I was looking at this and the extra tweakability is a draw for sure. Do you have any experience with the BYOC ESV fuzz or the Jam Pedals Fuzz Phrase? These two are also peaking my interest.

Yeah the new mini dunlop seems like a winner to me....

<br />
              </div>
              </div>
              </div>
              </div></div>

Comment

My vote goes towards the Analogman Sun Face. It truly is an awesome fuzz face!

Comment

• Stubacca
                  Stubacca commented
                  Editing a comment

steelerboy329 wrote:
                  My vote goes towards the Analogman Sun Face. It truly is an awesome fuzz face!

Strongly leaning towards this!

Working...
              X