• Show
Clear All

• Squier Bass VI is here!

sbVIowVIbkVI

$350

Source 1

Source 2

Attached Files

Holy crap! Wish I wasn't broke. Sunburst and white ones look awesome!
    Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â ****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â**** Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â****Â**** Â**** Â**** Â****Â****Â****Â****Â**** Recipient of 1 Kudo: BOTB 2013

Comment

• BrentMpls
      BrentMpls commented
      Editing a comment

Lou Speed's Alt wrote:
      Holy crap! Wish I wasn't broke. Sunburst and white ones look awesome!

Whens the last time you broke out the flowercaster?

HP Hovercraft wrote:

sbVIowVIbkVI

$350

:smileyeek:

It will be mine - oh yes, it will be mine.

Attached Files

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• HP Hovercraft
      HP Hovercraft commented
      Editing a comment

Just to be clear, this is still at the rumor stage. However, they were leaked by the same guy that leaked the Squier Jag, JM, and Mustang. They're expected to debut at Summer NAMM.

• bubdude
      bubdude commented
      Editing a comment

Nuh-uug, I think some body photo shopped a few Fender guitars together......

Very Cool!

eeeek! :heart:

Comment

HP Hovercraft wrote:

sbVIowVIbkVI

$350

Source 1

Source 2

Quoted so I could see the pics on page 2 of the thread.

Attached Files

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Uh oh.... more leaks / rumors:

http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53051&sid=93844b46cd9c525b3841288f f43bd640

That sunburst Modern Player Mustang and the "red" JM... wow.

- George Carlin

Comment

ooh.. that JM is begging to get some WRHB's in it. i hope they do another colour though..

sunburst VI is looking too good to pass up aswell. blocks and binding is an excellent addition.

i wonder if the bridge pickup is a disguised humbucker like the Fender versions "jazzmaster" pickup?!

any idea if the VI could handle an A-A tuning? i had a MIJ VI in the 90's but didn't think to try any different tunings.

also, if Fender are selling necks seperately now it would be great if they did some conversion necks for extended scale length.. like 26-27"

good work Squier/Fender!
          Youtube Pedal Vids
          For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
          ToneFactor Nebular - £40
          Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
          Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

• Faldoe
            Faldoe commented
            Editing a comment
            I am excite

• BG76
            BG76 commented
            Editing a comment

They look cool. I have the Fender one but that one actually has the cool switch! I may buy one just to switch guards and sell it.

Would.
          Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

This is **** exciting. I think I'm going to get the white one and switch the pickgaurd for white..... although, where does one buy a white Bass VI pickgaurd?

Also, censoring? Really? How far you've fallen Harmony Central......

Formerly known as sausagefoot.

Comment

Now... i have a bass amp Ashdown Mag300 and a guitar amp, Traynow yvc40. Which would i use?

Comment

• riff ie
                riff ie commented
                Editing a comment

welcome, let your ears and fingers' do the talkin', you'll  feel/hear it when it happens...

I need that with a tortoise pickguard like St. robert Smith.

Originally Posted by IRG:
              "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

• Faldoe
                Faldoe commented
                Editing a comment

juiced

Ordered mine from Sam ash.
              But you couldn't last a lifetime.

Comment

What do you guys think of slapping some of these in one:

http://www.at-the-creamery.co.uk/creamery-handwound-alt-88-jaguar-pickup.html

They seem like they'd have more output and drive pedals a bit better. Obviously can't find anyone with experience with these specifically in a Bass VI. Can't seem to find too much information on people putting different pickups in them at all for that matter. I'd imagine louder and a little brighter would be a good thing on a Bass VI.

Formerly known as sausagefoot.

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
                  Phil O'Keefe commented
                  Editing a comment

Sad Darwin wrote:

What do you guys think of slapping some of these in one:

http://www.at-the-creamery.co.uk/creamery-handwound-alt-88-jaguar-pickup.html

They seem like they'd have more output and drive pedals a bit better. Obviously can't find anyone with experience with these specifically in a Bass VI. Can't seem to find too much information on people putting different pickups in them at all for that matter. I'd imagine louder and a little brighter would be a good thing on a Bass VI.

I've read some good reports about those, although I've never heard any in person myself. Of course, I have no idea what's going to be in the new Squier for certain, although if they're the same as the Duncan Designed pickups in the Squier VM Jaguar, they're not bad sounding pickups, and definitely not at all dark sounding - well, except in the rhythm circuit setting, but that's the result of the 50k tone pot / .01 mfd cap combo used in that circuit, not the pickup.

The ones you linked to are definitely hotter than most vintage Jag pickups, and that usually means less highs, not more. However, most Jag pickups are reasonably bright, and with three of them in various positions, the short scale Bass VI design is typically capable of providing a variety of different sounds - including some pretty bright tones. We'll just have to see how the stock pickups sound. Based on that, you'll have to decide if a replacement set is called for or not. An electronics / pickup upgrade is definitely not an uncommon user installed mod for some of the less expensive guitars on the market.

And to me, that's kind of the double entendre of the whole "Vintage Modified" moniker - yes, it's a classic vintage design with some Squier installed modern modifications, but they're priced low enough that you can throw a few more bucks into modding them yourself to suit your tastes without blowing a huge chunk of change on it. Different pickups, or maybe a new pickguard, some hardware upgrades here or there, heck, even a DIY refinish like Travis recently did to his VM Jazzmaster... there's lots of upgrade options and possibilities.

i wouldn't assume the VI pickups are low output or not bright..
                Youtube Pedal Vids
                For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
                ToneFactor Nebular - £40
                Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
                Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

• Sad Darwin
                  Sad Darwin commented
                  Editing a comment

Yeah, most of the demo's for this don't seem particularly dark or muddy, but they are internet demos.

Also:

Does anyone know where you can get a pickgaurd that's actually made for a Fender Bass VI? Warmoth seems to make "Bass VI" pickgaurds, but the shape is a little off near the neck:

Warmoth Bass VI Pickgaurd

Attached Files

Wow...robert in white
                OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
                  Phil O'Keefe commented
                  Editing a comment

Looking at that picture, I was thinking it would look really nice in shell pink - especially with the tort.

Working...
              X