Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behringer is just going to copy the software and run Cliff out of business.

I'm the most hilarious way possible

Fractal still can't make their overpriced junk sound much better than a pod. Why does Line 6 care that his product that costs 10x as much only delivers a ~2% better product? Over engineered simply to charge more and boost his profits.

Comment

What so they can dilute the market with something that's less than the highest quality? Why would you start selling wagon wheels if you already produce the best radials around?

FWIW, I just read a post from Cliff (the head of Fractal) on the Gear page where he stated they are working on lower end products (i.e. stuff that will encroach on L6's territory) to make their tech more accessible and tap new customers not willing to shell out mega bucks for the Axe.

Right now, they don't compete that much, IMHO. Line 6 is trying to make the best product for a particular demographic and price point, Fractal has targeted a completely different demographic and price point. Both are highly successful companies in that regard.

It WILL be interesting as the technology enables the lower tier to move up and compress the gap, though, sort of like what has been going on with software/plug-ins. Then they may start to butt heads a little bit. I'm certainly not going to dis L6 for making a technological upgrade their customers want. And it makes sense for Fractal to mine new territory, too.

In America everything is a competition it seems. If you ain't first you're last.

Comment

FWIW, I just read a post from Cliff (the head of Fractal) on the Gear page where he stated they are working on lower end products (i.e. stuff that will encroach on L6's territory) to make their tech more accessible and tap new customers not willing to shell out mega bucks for the Axe.

Right now, they don't compete that much, IMHO. Line 6 is trying to make the best product for a particular demographic and price point, Fractal has targeted a completely different demographic and price point. Both are highly successful companies in that regard.

It WILL be interesting as the technology enables the lower tier to move up and compress the gap, though, sort of like what has been going on with software/plug-ins. Then they may start to butt heads a little bit. I'm certainly not going to dis L6 for making a technological upgrade their customers want. And it makes sense for Fractal to mine new territory, too.

In America everything is a competition it seems. If you ain't first you're last.

Competition is a WONDERFULL thing, on so many different levels!

***Another USA Charvel SO-Cal Soon Tangerine 4 sale***
        ^^ Good deals with Glizard (ADA), electricdreams (Vetta) Fat Lou (Splawn) Tubesteakfortone (Marshall 3203, Riot pedal) agreed (Hafler-Radial) twisty571 (Mosvalve 962) Orbis Mortis (egnater) ~Abstract~ (JC amp) jn062181 (AXE - FX) ^^

PS -- I am the proud owner of the 1,000,000 post EVER on the HC amp forum 7/28/2006..

Comment

I actually agree that it would be more money in the bank for Fractal to make some cheapo products.
          "The farther I go the less I know."

Equipment:
          Gibson Les Paul Custom
          LTD SC-607B
          Fender 50s Road Worn Telecaster
          Yamaha SE112
          Fender Tony Franklin Precision Fretted
          Axe-FX Ultra

Comment

Cliff is going to be run over by the multitude of other companies that are already doing this.

I hope Behringer/Line 6 go scorched Earth on his ass and remove the name Fractal from everyone's memory.

Comment

Well said. Now lets hope your accurate. I bought an XT for cheap and it works good.

Ive said it before, If line 6 would make for custom cab impulses it would greatly improve their existing tone.

The HD 500 (but not the 300/400) will have that capability.

Im very much looking forward to hearing these things once they're released.

Comment

Well said. Now lets hope your accurate. I bought an XT for cheap and it works good.

Ive said it before, If line 6 would make for custom cab impulses it would greatly improve their existing tone.

Are you recording? or using a pod with a guitar cab with your amp for gigs?

Recording? You don't need a modeler to have cab IR capabilities. You can add IR's in your daw.

Live sound, if you use a guitar cab, IR's are a moot point.

If you play live with modeler and IR's for cabs and use an FRFR type amplification source then you'll find not too many of those models ever working the same across the board and you'll tweak your ass off to get things right. This is why most guys that use a modeler for gigs will not use 40 amp models and patches. They don't sound right through the same rigs.

If any of these companies had really good cabinet modeling to begin with, then they wouldn't need the extra option of user cab imports. I think IR's are cool too, but you can do the same basic thing with a daw. I think IR's in the daw sound better anyway because they are not a midi conversion of the same thing. Kind of like MP3's and Wav files imo. The original is changed someway that makes it not quite as good.

Comment

Fractal makes pro audio gear, Line 6 makes toys
                  Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Or you can try living on the southside of Chicago on eight dollars a month and learn some real blues phrases.

YouTube • Soundclick

Comment

Behringer is just going to copy the software and run Cliff out of business.

I'm the most hilarious way possible

Fractal still can't make their overpriced junk sound much better than a pod. Why does Line 6 care that his product that costs 10x as much only delivers a ~2% better product? Over engineered simply to charge more and boost his profits.

You sure have flip flopped on this issue a bunch.

HD Kemper Demo Videos for your brain!

PRS SE Baritone FS - $525 with PRS gig bag

Originally Posted by Billyblades

I am anarchy ! You sir, are an ****************************!

Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

All that said, I'm still a jackass.

Originally Posted by ComOp

The first rule of HCAF is that you ****************ing die in a fire.

Originally Posted by Nerine 8/2/2011

Not a ****************ing chance. Seriously. Sig it bishes

Musics: http://soundcloud.com/valtiel

Good deals with: Killing Nevada, Weathered, sam adams, JohnathanD, missingastring, thefyn, Killzone, LoopQuantum, MR MARCUS

Comment

Fractal makes pro audio gear, Line 6 makes toys

Fractal makes a $2k outdated computer in a convenient, assraping 2u box, loaded with the latest computer simulations of real amps.

Cliff upcharges quite a bit for the ability to sound almost as good as tube amps.

Comment

The best amp modelling stuff out there is free

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/
                        VHT/Fryette DEATH SQUAD

Great deals here and on Rig-talk with: Boatshoes/smucarolina, goldwing68nv, tkozuch, chakosh, Norton666

Current whoredom: VHT Pitbull 50/CL

Past whordom: Peavey 5150 II | ENGL Steve Morse 100 | Jet City JCA20H | Mesa Boogie Mark V | Sunn 200s | Orange Thunderverb 50 | Peavey 5150 | Laney GH100L

Originally Posted by MarkBastable

You don't crap in the bidet, you colonial peasant.

Comment

I think you are correct. LePou's plugins blew everything else I've tried away with the exception of amplitube's mark III and randall sims (which are also great but different).

Legion etc may not sound exactly like axe-fx or a pod but for me they are of high level.

They sure are free but unfortunately no gig direct without a pc...and a ****************ing atom based mini PC doesn't run them correctly!
                          "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

Cliff is going to be run over by the multitude of other companies that are already doing this.

I hope Behringer/Line 6 go scorched Earth on his ass and remove the name Fractal from everyone's memory.

Not sure if you're aware, but you come across as being utterly pathetic.
                            Originally Posted by Norton666 (15/07/2009)

Give it 6 months and the Axe-Fx will be mentioned in the same sentence as the Johnson Millenium stuff.

Comment

Working...
                            X