Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sombody School me in Boost Pedals

Id like to get a nice boost pedal just to add some punch into my sound. I dont THINK I want actual distortion or gain because it might not blend with the distortion on my amp, Id rather have a nice clean boost to push the amp harder and get more gain from the amp. So I think I want just a clean boost that wont alter my tone, Ive seen some with tone and dynamic nobs and stuff and i dont really think i want any of that. the three that im looking at are MXR Boost/Line Driver, Earthquaker Black Eye Boost and the Lizard Leg Flying Dragon. Which is the best choice and why? Thanks, Nick.
    If you think this forum sucks visit here:http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php started by user guitarbilly74

the CAE MXR Boost is a great choice. Bradshaw assures the MXR uses the same quality components he used in the original CAE.

Lots of guys at rigtalk like this pedal.
    BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
    Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

How about schooling yourself? Go to Google and type in the name of the pedals. I'm sure you will get YouTube vids, reviews and audio samples of all the pedals you listed. Tone is subjective. What sounds good to someone here may not sound good to you.

Comment

How about schooling yourself? Go to Google and type in the name of the pedals. I'm sure you will get YouTube vids, reviews and audio samples of all the pedals you listed. Tone is subjective. What sounds good to someone here may not sound good to you.

Yea ive done that a bunch already but that wont tell you what works best, why it works or how it works. but anyway thanks for being a smart ass.
        If you think this forum sucks visit here:http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php started by user guitarbilly74

Comment

Inb4 Sheik posts Suhr Kokoboost vid again...
          Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

the CAE MXR Boost is a great choice. Bradshaw assures the MXR uses the same quality components he used in the original CAE.

Lots of guys at rigtalk like this pedal.

I use MXR/CAE as well and love it for lead boost, it really stands out in the mix.
            I also like how it boosts my clean sound as well, tight and focussed.
            Another clean boost I loved was Carl Martin Hot drive n boost, very transparent, but I didn't like the drive section so I just ditched it for the smaller size MXR/CAE.

Comment

I have an MK.4.23. I'd advise against it. "The most transparent boost ever made" but I actually find it to be too bright.

If you want to save some buck, the BBE Boosta Grande is an awesome awesome boost pedal. It actually fattens up your sound in every way you'd like it to and boosts your signal like crazy.

Wanna drop some dime, The Cleanness. nuff said.
              I have a few amps, several pedals, and a few guitars.

Originally Posted by Roger Daltry

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comment

I used an EH LPB-1 for awhile, and it was nice. Super cheap, no coloration that I could hear, and reliable. I use a Visual Sound Route 808 now because I like that little tubescreamer mid spike, but the LPB-1 was a great little pedal.
                Live to play LIVE

Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

My Rig:
                Jet City JCA2112RC

TU-2 > V-847 > ST2 > Route 808 > DD-3

Epi Les Paul Std+ (BG dark set)
                Epi '56 Les Paul Goldtop
                Warmoth Musiclander (Invader/'59)

Comment

I have an MK.4.23. I'd advise against it. "The most transparent boost ever made" but I actually find it to be too bright.

If you want to save some buck, the BBE Boosta Grande is an awesome awesome boost pedal. It actually fattens up your sound in every way you'd like it to and boosts your signal like crazy.

Wanna drop some dime, The Cleanness. nuff said.

This, I didnt like the MK....it seemed to add too much, to the point of me turning it down enough that it was on par with my MXR GT-OD, and I could not tell a difference. Shipped it back.
                  Originally Posted by gsxrbusa

"Is that an AMT in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

AMT Army-SGT Major Br00tz

Originally Posted by Samnite

Goddamn it. Killzone'd.

My netmusicians clips....
                  http://www.netmusicians.org/index.ph...e&section=user

Current Crap....
                  Marshall Lead 100
                  Marshall jcm800 1960 cab
                  AMT P1
                  AMT E1
                  Boss HM-2
                  Parker P42 Stock Pup's
                  BC Rich Warlock NT (Lace Deathbucker)

Comment

My OCD Fulltone v4 100.00 shipped
                    MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

I'm really digging the barber supersport.like the internal trims to realy help tailor things
                      no more sig

Comment

I love my my Gruntone walrusfart, it really pushes air.

Comment

My OCD Fulltone v4 100.00 shipped

Yeah, if you wanna add mud.
                          Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus - Cherry SunburstGibson Les Paul Standard Translucent AmberRandall Diavlo RD45HMesa Boogie Single Rectifier(2) Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12'sMXR Wylde ODMXR Black Label ChorusMXR 10-Band EQBoss DD-3Hardwire RV-7 ReverbISP Decimator

Comment

hey guys this just occurred to me...will OP's madison take well to a boost????isn't the front end of the divinity kinda hot already???
                            no more sig

Comment

I love my my Gruntone walrusfart, it really pushes air.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

Working...
                              X