Sombody School me in Boost Pedals

Nick H

• Members

hey guys this just occurred to me...will OP's madison take well to a boost????isn't the front end of the divinity kinda hot already???

It depends on the pickups your using. With actives theres no boost needed, with passives you need a little boost. Im also trying to slightly focus the sound and clear the blur slightly.

• Members

Three basic types of boots TS, Clean and treble boost

Tube Screamers are more or less the same: a little dirt, big mid hump, cut a little bass. Great for cutting lead sounds and tightening loose amps.

Clean boost come colored and less colored. The amp just gets more of your guitars signal. Its kinda like using you guitars volume knob to change gain levels of an already overdriven amp or push an almost breaking up sound into full crunch.

Treble boost aren't really in use that much anymore because they are very bright and good at turning a dark amp into a more balanced and cutting machine... Good for brightening dark overdriven sounds like old Vox and Orange amps.

• Members
For a purely clean boost, I'd go for the Xotic AC Booster, the CAE/MXR Boost or the Xotic EP Booster. I'd stay away from any TS or TS clone.

Try these or the Xotic RC Booster. Active EQ controls and super transparent. I ran mine in front of a VHT 50CL and it was :love:

• Members

Boosts are such a personal thing and highly related to the amp and how it's set up.

More often than not I find myself using my OCD (v3) and it gets me what I need, but with the OCD I set the amp up just crunchy with the mids open, I have other boosts that I can work different

the Xotic RC is a fine choice, there's so many good boosts, time and money is the only limiting factor !

OP I'd say just have fun; get a couple and trade what doesn't work for YOU.

my 2c/2p HTH

Archived