Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOT: Just got a Crock pot.. Needs recipes..

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 boston butt

1 bottle of favorite bbq sauce

1 dash or 2 of liquid smoke

cook on low all day

enjoy

repeat with whole chicken

it is the easiest thing you can do with a crock pot.
    Formerly known as "eagertokill"

~Laney Posse~

AMT Army - Sargent C.O.D. reporting!

Comment

DUDE!

Go to a grocery store and buy some SMOKED HAM HOCKS.

Stuff as many as you can in your crock pot with beans. All different kinds

After they cook for a few hours pull out the ham hocks and toss out the bones and fat. Leaving behind just the meat and beans.

Tastes great!
      "I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

Comment

Forget throwing in store bought BBQ sauce, **************** is filled with high fructose corn syrup and tastes like dog dick.

If you're going for a recipe with a BBQ sauce base there is no reason you can't do your own in the same damn crock pot with the meat.

Simple Sauce recipe

That's a simple recipe that you can tweak to your own liking, I like less sugar and more heat so I usually throw in crushed chipotles or diced habeneros.

Just throw whatever on top of the sauce that is cooking in the bottom, much better than store bought.

Comment

I love my crock pot !

I love to do a whole chicken in one until it falls off the bone.

You've got plenty of recipies, so here's some other advice.

CP's are a bitch to clean, so get these. They work like a charm

Spam: shipped to lower 48 only, MO & Cashiers check or Paypal gift no spam today shipped conusGood trans : Dominick, Bass_n_Drums, Gitfiddler, cobrahead1030, STEEL KAGE, 17 Tubes, cursed1, Moshaholic, tele0507, Dangles ct, Assumer, Yabba, Jopop, Troublehead, detunedman, tsunamijesus, Norton666, SkyHighRocks, archers6, Billcheckrules, Juggernaut.

Comment

I just make stuff up as I go. I used to make a lot of chili in mine. Nowadays, I do BBQ meat a lot. I just made a giant slab of beef in there on christmas. Came out awesome. For meat, theres this bacon molasses seasoning that I use. Its ****************ing incredible.
            Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

meatballs or cocktail weenies

jar of grape jelly

bottle of chili sauce.

= win.
              BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
              Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

meatballs or cocktail weenies

jar of grape jelly

bottle of chili sauce.

= win.
                BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
                Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

I don't really use a crockpot for much, but last weekend I did make some hoisin-balsamic braised shortribs and I was pretty impressed with how they came out. Generally I use a pressure cooker which makes for very intense flavors but I liked the texture better this way. I also have the luck of being able to bring home demiglace, veal stock, and such from work, which is really nice. Still doesn't beat my sous-vide supreme :P

The biggest mistake I see people make with slowcookers is not browning things before they put them in. Need that maillard reaction, folks (unless you're making a blanquette or a fricasee).

America's Test Kitchen has a really great book of crockpot recipes...their stuff tends to be a bit bland for my tastebuds but they provide a perfect foundation to tweak.
                  http://www.fairtax.org/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel
                    View Post

CP's are a bitch to clean, so get these. They work like a charm. Cancer FTW

Fixed. In decades of use I've never found it tough to clean a crock pot, what are you cooking, fast curing concrete?
                    The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid
                      View Post

Fixed. In decades of use I've never found it tough to clean a crock pot, what are you cooking, fast curing concrete?

Maybe he's like my inlaws, who swear by those liners, and don't clean up after themselves. 5 minutes with a scrub brush and mine is spotless.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcakes
                        View Post

The biggest mistake I see people make with slowcookers is not browning things before they put them in.

word:

View Post

Very simple.

Brown meat of some kind. You don't have to but the resulting flavors are far superior.

Cover with liquid or sauce of your choice.

Let crock pot do its thing on low for 6 to 8 hours...

The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

whole chicken-cook till the meat falls off bones- then chop onions, tomatoes, grade some cheese. Get large size tortillas and make mongo chicken burritos. Always nice with sour cream, too.
                          90% of it is...half mental

1984 Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 with 1820 bottom
                          1973 Ampeg VT-22
                          Strat- LP Studio- Ovation- GR33 synth

tune it or die
                          and have a nice day!

Comment

View Post

If your crock pot isn't tough to clean, after doing anything with a sauce........................you are doing it wrong.
                            Spam: shipped to lower 48 only, MO & Cashiers check or Paypal gift no spam today shipped conusGood trans : Dominick, Bass_n_Drums, Gitfiddler, cobrahead1030, STEEL KAGE, 17 Tubes, cursed1, Moshaholic, tele0507, Dangles ct, Assumer, Yabba, Jopop, Troublehead, detunedman, tsunamijesus, Norton666, SkyHighRocks, archers6, Billcheckrules, Juggernaut.

Comment

View Post

If your crock pot isn't tough to clean, after doing anything with a sauce........................you are doing it wrong.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel
                                View Post

It only makes sense that you're disgusting and slob like.

Comment

Working...
                                X